Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Modell's 40% STILL running strong w/ free shipping...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
Jurgy25 said:
rymflaherty said:
Just checked out my e-mail this morning....I had a new code to use to get it for 40% off again.

Somehow they were able to "find more due to the overwhelming response". :lol:

I'd say this is cool other than the fact I don't really trust this one will ship either.
People will probably circulate the code online beyond the people that initially ordered and they'll probably cancel them all again.

I'd trust them on this one. They got so many threats about the BBB, and boycotting Modell's, that they had to do this. They'd be losing more money with all that, than by just honoring the discount. Good move by Modell's and I am forward to receiving the game.

I'm just being cautiously optimistic.....I'd agree, I really see no way they could cancel yet again.
As I said - I wonder if the codes they gave were unique, because if it's just the one code, it may get out and leave them with an even bigger headache.

As long as it does go through - kudos to them. I really expected them to have done something like take away the free shipping, or make it 25% off....something that could have potentially saved face a bit, but would have helped offset any potential loss.
Maybe it winds up working to their advantage - I know when Steiner's ended up honoring a code a while back (that they didn't have to) I was pleased, and ended up buying a few more items from them. Getting people on your mailing list and creating good will could help them with future sales.

jpruitt2

Aug 11, 2008
Searcy, Arkansas
I just got off the phone with them. Each code is unique and can only be used once. I called because I had placed my order for one copy of MLB the show for the ps3 and had payed with paypal. My order like everyone elses was cancelled, but I have yet to be refunded any money into my paypal account. After getting no where on getting my funds released back into my account I told them I would be filing a complaint with the BBB. They didn't seem to think that would be the case, so I hung up an made the call and filed my complaint. Fastforward two hours later I get a call from a supervisor from Modell's saying he would like to fix the mistake and go ahead and honor my original order. I told him at this point I could care less about the order I just want my money back so I can take my business elsewhere.

After a little more talking on his part I was given another 10% off and was assured my order would be shipped out on Monday. I took it, but will wait to see if I do infact have the game in hand next week.

emarc27

Oct 6, 2010
NYC-->St. Louis
jpruitt2 said:
I just got off the phone with them. Each code is unique and can only be used once. I called because I had placed my order for one copy of MLB the show for the ps3 and had payed with paypal. My order like everyone elses was cancelled, but I have yet to be refunded any money into my paypal account. After getting no where on getting my funds released back into my account I told them I would be filing a complaint with the BBB. They didn't seem to think that would be the case, so I hung up an made the call and filed my complaint. Fastforward two hours later I get a call from a supervisor from Modell's saying he would like to fix the mistake and go ahead and honor my original order. I told him at this point I could care less about the order I just want my money back so I can take my business elsewhere.

After a little more talking on his part I was given another 10% off and was assured my order would be shipped out on Monday. I took it, but will wait to see if I do infact have the game in hand next week.

its ridiculous that you need to put so much effort into just getting what you paid for...do you suggest filing a complaint with the BBB? is that really the only way to get something done?

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
I just talked to a service rep.
They told me I would have to contact paypal to have my funds released. Then they said they got a new order of games in, so I could place another order, but if I wanted to use paypal, they would have to have me pay full price, then call in and they would give me a credit on my account.
I told her, no, I dont think so.

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
The customer service rep told me that they would no longer be for sale on the site despite being listed. Then I mentioned the fact that I was aware of the email they sent out with the code good for up to 2 discounted copies. Once I made that aware, they completely changed their tune...we'll see what happens.

bigpops65

Feb 9, 2009
Providence, RI
Just to correct someone who posted earlier. Modell's doesn't actually charge your credit card until the item ships. At least that is how it has been with orders I have placed on the Web site. I did order a number of copies of the MLB 2K11 game, and my order was cancelled, and my card was never charged. The rest of the order, upon notification that they shipped out, was charged to my card at the appropriate time.

So I guess you can call off the hounds for a class action lawsuit. ::facepalm::

Jan 15, 2009
bigpops65 said:
Just to correct someone who posted earlier. Modell's doesn't actually charge your credit card until the item ships. At least that is how it has been with orders I have placed on the Web site. I did order a number of copies of the MLB 2K11 game, and my order was cancelled, and my card was never charged. The rest of the order, upon notification that they shipped out, was charged to my card at the appropriate time.

There were others that they charged...you aren't the only person whose order matters. Plus, the problem was fixed so they wouldn't need a class action lawsuit unless they didn't get their money back.

bigpops65

Feb 9, 2009
Providence, RI
GiantsSuperCollector said:
bigpops65 said:

There were others that they charged...you aren't the only person whose order matters. Plus, the problem was fixed so they wouldn't need a class action lawsuit unless they didn't get their money back.

I don't know where I said my order was the only one that mattered. I was just stating the facts about my MULTIPLE orders I have placed on Modells.com. I do not work for them, nor have I ever worked for them. I was pissed off that they cancelled my order as well. But I was stating that my credit card was never charged for any items until they were shipped. Sorry for stating that fact.

And, if you paid via credit card, you didn't actually spend any money, so you are waiting for your credit card to get credited. If you paid via debit (bank) card or Paypal, which is like cash, then sure, you are waiting to get that money back I assume. I don't pay that way, so I don't know.

If you take 3 minutes and read their Web site, you will see they can change or cancel orders for any reason. The people/person that was calling for a class action lawsuit was wrong. Did Modells make an error? Maybe. Were people pissed (myself included)? Yes. Am I over it? Yes.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
bigpops65 said:
Did Modells make an error? Maybe. Were people pissed (myself included)? Yes. Am I over it? Yes.

The question is....

Did you reorder the game with the 40% off code or did you decide not to because you couldn't make enough profit because they were only letting people order two?

bigpops65

Feb 9, 2009
Providence, RI
vwnut13 said:
bigpops65 said:
Did Modells make an error? Maybe. Were people pissed (myself included)? Yes. Am I over it? Yes.

The question is....

Did you reorder the game with the 40% off code or did you decide not to because you couldn't make enough profit because they were only letting people order two?

I did not reorder because I didn't think the profit was there, since the game had been out for a little bit by the time I would get it. Plus, to only get two copies doesn't make the flip worth it. It was a low risk thing at the time, but only being able to get 2 wasn't worth it in my mind.

Members online

Latest posts