Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Modell's 40% STILL running strong w/ free shipping...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
vwnut13 said:
Jeff N. said:
Did you indicate that this was an item that they had to make? You could have put in a last name of "GILMORE" and the # 69, and while it would have been out of stock, they would have made it...

...unless they were out of plain red shirts. That is a possibility. I dunno. We got our Mathieson shirts..

Yeah, I explained it to them. Even went to Magestic and they didn't say any of them were out of stock.

However, tofay I got a call from someone (blocked name/number) saying that one of the players I picked hadn't "signed" yet.

OK, so if that is the case why do they keep cancelling both of my shirts...

Anyway, Modells sucks.

Rizzotti doesn't have an MLB contract?

And just got demoted again....

The number quickly dropped to 15 when the Phillies reassigned Robb Quinlan and his agent asked for his release. The Phillies granted it.

The Phillies also reassigned right-handers Brian Bass, Eddie Bonine, Andrew Carpenter and Michael Schwimer; left-hander Ryan Feierabend; catcher Joel Naughton; infielders Tagg Bozied and Quinlan; and outfielder Matt Miller.

The Phillies optioned seven players to Minor League camp: right-handers Justin De Fratus, Drew Naylor and J.C. Ramirez; infielders Harold Garcia, Cesar Hernandez, Carlos Rivero and Matt Rizzotti.

The Phillies are taking a little longer look at right-hander Michael Stutes, who has pitched well this spring. He has a 1.50 ERA in four Grapefruit League appearances. Opponents have hit .143 against him. The only other non-roster invitees still in big-league camp are left-handers Dan Meyer and Juan Perez. Meyer has a .600 ERA in three appearances, although opponents have hit .182 against him. Perez has a 3.00 ERA in three appearances, and opponents have hit just .077 against him.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Either he or Mastroianni don't.

I assume it is MLBPA contract but who knows.

They sent Rizzotti to MiLB camp? hmm, they never even let him play.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Modell's Facebook said:
For those of you guys who bought one of the video baseball games on modells.com - check your email later tonight!

Hmmm, do I like the sounds of that? They are probably sending out the coupon in another email. :?

Bombard their facebook!

Seiya

Aug 7, 2008
Chula Vista, CA
emarc27 said:
are they just gonna refund our purchases? i bought through pay pal and so far havent been refunded
Mine just got canceled as well, and on another forum it said a refund would take 4-7 days. :evil:

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Check the stats. He played a lot. Hell, I saw him hit a HR against the Rays last Sunday.
vwnut13 said:

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Jeff N. said:
Check the stats. He played a lot. Hell, I saw him hit a HR against the Rays last Sunday.
vwnut13 said:

Yea, I know he played, but it was like 5 AB over six games.

Jan 15, 2009
A class action is likely to be filed against Modell's by some people since they were charged and the product wasn't shipped plus the product once showed in stock.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
So, it looks like there is a slight chance that Modells will honor the orders of those who purchased 1 (one if you can't read numbers) game.

Jan 15, 2009
vwnut13 said:
So, it looks like there is a slight chance that Modells will honor the orders of those who purchased 1 (one if you can't read numbers) game.
They didn't send out the emails, a class action lawsuit is going to be made.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
GiantsSuperCollector said:
vwnut13 said:

over react much? There is fine print on the website saying they can cancel at anytime for any reason including human error. Good luck with that.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
cartersprings said:

A fruitless one at that.
They charged creditcards without the product shipping...

Didn't they refund that money? I'm not sure what you could sue them for. But I play a psychologist on the internet, not a lawyer.

Jan 15, 2009
Therion said:
cartersprings said:

A fruitless one at that.
They charged creditcards without the product shipping...

Didn't they refund that money? I'm not sure what you could sue them for. But I play a psychologist on the internet, not a lawyer.
The problem was that they charged money without the actual item being shipped, which they stated they would not do. So they are basically taking the money and using it somewhere else. IDK if others got refunds, I did after some serious complaining and got it for the same price, like all others who only ordered 1/2.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
Just checked out my e-mail this morning....I had a new code to use to get it for 40% off again.

Somehow they were able to "find more due to the overwhelming response". :lol:

I'd say this is cool other than the fact I don't really trust this one will ship either.
People will probably circulate the code online beyond the people that initially ordered and they'll probably cancel them all again.

Jurgy25

Aug 14, 2008
Northern California
rymflaherty said:
Just checked out my e-mail this morning....I had a new code to use to get it for 40% off again.

Somehow they were able to "find more due to the overwhelming response". :lol:

I'd say this is cool other than the fact I don't really trust this one will ship either.
People will probably circulate the code online beyond the people that initially ordered and they'll probably cancel them all again.

I'd trust them on this one. They got so many threats about the BBB, and boycotting Modell's, that they had to do this. They'd be losing more money with all that, than by just honoring the discount. Good move by Modell's and I am forward to receiving the game.

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
I just sent them an email through their website stating that if my order isn't reinstated, that I will be filing a complaint with the BBB. I still have a snowball's chance in hell of receiving the items but it's worth a shot.

onehrk

Aug 7, 2008
San Diego, CA
Dear Modell's Customer:

Earlier this week we canceled your order for one of the MLB video games we had for sale on our website. Due to a pricing error which caused a high demand of product, we oversold our available supply.

However, because of the overwhelming response from our customers, we have been able to secure more of these games for your purchase and will honor the original price just for you.

Please visit www.modells.com and repurchase your game at 40% off, with free shipping, using the promotion code below.

Your Promo Code: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This code is only good for one purchase, and is limited to the purchase of two items. The code is valid through 3/19/11. If you have any questions, please contact 1-866-835-9129.

We apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused and hope you will continue to shop at Modell's in the future.

Sincerely,

Modells.com

It looks like if you got this e-mail, you will be getting the game for the 40% off price with free shipping. For the record, I didn't e-mail them or threaten them...so that doesn't factor into it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts