Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MrMopar's New Dodgers Autograph Thread (and other interesting items on a slow mailday)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I have grown to hatre paying a premium for these, but some of them are a little better than others. You don't see the older cards quite as often and we are stretching it a bit saying 1980 is old. For this issue, it is though.

This is /9. Garvey 9.jpg

Another lot of Dodger Lines drives and brochures. Dodgers lot.jpg

Wills /25. Wills 25.jpg

Podres /50. Podres 50.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
A few interesting oddball Garvey's

I don't believe this package was "as sold" originally, but maybe it was. I know these buttons were sold in magazines as i have seen ads for them, but there is a 1979 Dodgers spring Training schedule inside as well. Maybe the Dodgers re-packaged them up that way and sold them at concessions in the spring? That is a 1981 Fleer image though. Did Fleer use an old image or is this just a repackage that suckered me? For about the price of the button alone, it was worth grabbing.Garvey Button.jpg

A miscut 75T. Garvey 75 Miscut.jpg

This is a Leaf GU dump card 6/25. A jersey match. 6-25.jpg

A few Dodger certified autos as well
Gonsolin.jpgS. Munoz.jpg

TTM/IP

Podres 54.jpgGoodson SSPC.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Dodgers/Garvey poster
Garvey Poster.jpg

Milton Bradley 1/1 Auto DK.
Milton Bradley 1-1.jpg

Strahler RC Auto. Great card that is mostly signed by hough, but whenever another player signs, I am more interested. I have it signed by each alone and possibly a few dual signed. I'll have to check, but I am pretty sure I do NOT have a triple signed.
Strahler.png

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
6/99 Jersey match
Garvey 6-99.jpg

These retail cards used to be impossible to find, so now I still grab them if I see them cheap. it's the unnumbered version vs the serial numbered hobby version
Garvey Perez Retail.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Photos can be an endless pursuit, but this lot had a few extra cool ones and was cheap enough. Allen, O'Brien and Alvarez were what caught my eye.
Dod photo lot.jpg

Happy to find this Werth way cheaper than the guy who is stuck on getting $40 for his. Archives Signature Series /23.

Werth 23.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Interesting pose in an 11x14 sizeGarvey photo.png
/50. s-l1600-1.jpg

B&W unnumbered. Garvey BW.jpg

And a few newer-ish autos. Tired of fighting to overpay for Bowman cards of guys who MOST LIKELY won't be worth $10 in a year from now. There are exceptions...O. Cruz and Outman still holding on somewhat, but dropping fast. Patience in the autograph market almost always pays hefty dividends. If you can snag prospects immediately and get decent prices, that is usually a win/win as well, but no days it seems like every prospect is automatically big $ right out of the packs. Too many prospectors wishing, hoping and inflating prices. s-l1600.jpgs-l1600-2.jpgs-l1600-3.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Garvey 6/75 jersey match and the seller knew it (and upped the opening price of the listing). I fell for it. Garvey 6-75.jpg

Wills. Wills.png

This are the Dodger additions from my log anticipated COMC shipment. Kind of a small contribution. This shipment was mostly football surprisingly. Varland I believe officially adds him to my Dodger have list, although he was scratched off the list a long time ago. The 1953 Bowman Furillo was to burn up store credit, but it was a decent card for pretty cheap.
IMG_2655.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
New Topps insert set that I like. May.jpg

Buehler. Buehler.jpg

A couple recollections and former Dodgers. Buckner /33. John /50. Buckner 33.jpgJohn DK 50.jpg

And because I can never have enough photo pack photos, another one to add to the pile! It's almost a foot tall now!! Less excited about the PCs (nothing new) and some Police cards (have too many of these already), but it helps make the overall price even better.
Dodgers Photo PC Police.png

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
While I just needed the signature and thanks to Leaf, I got one already, I am watching everyone pump big $ (for me, at least) into the new Topps Sheehan auto cards. Of course, I want one because it's authorized and has team names and logos showing, and it's a decent card in the 1989 design. Also frustrated that it seems everyone in the world is buying an Evan Phillips Topps auto (his first). Another one people will probably regret buying for $20+. Sick of "investors" and "what's it worth" guys skewing the market, because they are stupid and willing to pay more than what "it's worth".

Mark my words once more though, everyone will probably be regretting spending $25-50 or more on this guys auto. I'll hopefully be picking one up in 10 months for $10.

I did get another Leaf card, this one /4. Probably enough of these until I can get that legit card. Has a slight Crusade feel to it, but too sparkly. Crap signature, but that is what we get most of the time these days. Oh well.
Sheehan 4.jpg