Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

October - New Arrivals Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
full

full

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
These aren't cards but when crazy items of PC players pop up you just have to snag them. Other than ghosts like the Starting 9 I'm about out of cards to acquire for Jeff so items like these have to do.
frye1.jpgfrye2.jpgFrye3.jpgFrye4.jpg
8"x10" Boston Herald Press Photos from Jeff's time with the Red Sox

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Only one today but it's a big one:

103020.jpg

I had never even considered that Satchel Paige may have had some A's cards based on the single game he pitched for Kansas City in 1965 as a publicity stunt. After I picked up his recent Topps Turn Back the Clock A's card a week ago I decided to search for others, and as far as I can tell his only other A's card was in 2005 Upper Deck Heroes - 6 different versions numberd to different amounts, a single one of which is a game-used pants card /10. So with a total of ten Satchel Paige A's GU cards in existence, when I saw one on eBay I had to pick it up. Definitely one of my favorite cards now.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Only one today but it's a big one:

View attachment 117789

I had never even considered that Satchel Paige may have had some A's cards based on the single game he pitched for Kansas City in 1965 as a publicity stunt. After I picked up his recent Topps Turn Back the Clock A's card a week ago I decided to search for others, and as far as I can tell his only other A's card was in 2005 Upper Deck Heroes - 6 different versions numberd to different amounts, a single one of which is a game-used pants card /10. So with a total of ten Satchel Paige A's GU cards in existence, when I saw one on eBay I had to pick it up. Definitely one of my favorite cards now.
Your passion for the A's is impressive. I pick up any type of Dodger cards whenever I can, but I don't think I could maintain the search for complete sets, especially the harder to find inserts and parallels. Would love to have all those complete team sets, but too much else to spend $ on. I hope I didn't steal one you needed, especially since the seller didn't use A's in the title, but I won a Bobby Crosby 2004 Donruss Team Heroes gold /10. I have never seen the Garvey from that year and would love to have one, but I just like the set and the golds, so i pick them up when they are cheap.

I'll have to dig out my junk inserts by team to see if you need any of my A's. My goal was to try to trade them for similar Dodger inserts, but never got the program rolling. They are mostly 80s-early 00s, nothing super special, but there may be 1 or more of those cards nobody cares enough to list and are hard to find.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Your passion for the A's is impressive. I pick up any type of Dodger cards whenever I can, but I don't think I could maintain the search for complete sets, especially the harder to find inserts and parallels. Would love to have all those complete team sets, but too much else to spend $ on. I hope I didn't steal one you needed, especially since the seller didn't use A's in the title, but I won a Bobby Crosby 2004 Donruss Team Heroes gold /10. I have never seen the Garvey from that year and would love to have one, but I just like the set and the golds, so i pick them up when they are cheap.

I'll have to dig out my junk inserts by team to see if you need any of my A's. My goal was to try to trade them for similar Dodger inserts, but never got the program rolling. They are mostly 80s-early 00s, nothing super special, but there may be 1 or more of those cards nobody cares enough to list and are hard to find.

Thanks. Yeah I tend to go for too much sometimes and have tried to reign it in and focus more on the cards I'm really interested in rather than just everything I don't have. You can't get everything so it's a waste of money to try when it's something as vast as an entire team. Speaking of, I don't have that Bobby Crosby Team Heroes/10 but it's also not something I particularly care about all that much so no big deal on missing it. Plenty of other A's (and plenty of Bobby Crosby cards even) to get. I do have one card from that set!

morrissey04dteamgold.jpg

Anyway, today's mail was another tough one:

103120.jpg
1997 Score Reserve Collection Jason Giambi. I believe I only have one other card from this set, an Ariel Prieto. I think I got a decent price on this one because the seller was in Canada, about $9 shipped.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Here is what I have, nothing earth shattering. All of my semi-stars and any better players get sorted by name of player, but the commons all end up by team. If you need any or can't tell what the card is from the images, let me know. IMG_7986.jpgIMG_7987.jpg IMG_7985.jpgIMG_7988.jpg

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
At the risk of showing the depths of my team collecting depravity...I do have all of those (other than the stamped buybacks, which I don't really collect). Thank you for taking the time to look, though.

Members online