Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Panini...oh what could have been

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
chashawk said:
well, you just go right on thinking that. :lol: ::facepalm:: :lol: ::facepalm:: :lol:
do you know who shot JFK as well?

every card I own is in my bucket and easily viewed. the 3 cards in my sig are from a 2006 set that is aesthetically pleasing.
the 3 players pictured are the players I collect. they didn't have ACTUAL cards in the set. anything else you'd like explained?

I have said a million times that if topps created cards that appealed to me, I'd have no problem buying them.
you seem to have this impression of me that I am anti-topps. I just don't like the vast majority of their last few years of product.
I own plenty of topps cards, and would own plenty more if they had released ONE single on-card autograph of
Andre Dawson or Billy Williams in the last several years, or a jersey or bat card that didn't look like quit swearing

If 2011 topps had made one of the Platinum anniversary cards of Dawson, I'd own it.

But you just go right on putting words in my mouth and thinking what you want to.

For whatever reason you keep telling us what you're thinking and doing but then think we can't draw anything from that.

I certainly don't think you're completely anti-Topps, but you've certainly shown yourself to be anti-Topps from the last several years in many areas - including areas, if you use your posts right here, that don't directly relate to your collecting habits...but that's fine I guess...and its not hard to imagine you probably like to generally C&B anyway LOL. Lots of people are like this. Definitely not saying you're not entitled to C&B for what you want or shouldn't...but sometimes it won't help either.

Using your words you're not a 'geek' who will buy anything, just a geek who will buy anything oncard that you think looks nice - small difference. Lots of people say this and I completely respect and support this, but to think the hobby can support every specific collecting interest for all retired players year after year - regardless of how many manufacturers there are - probably isn't rational. There will eventually be a card of your player to your liking released soon but its probably not reasonable to think there will be such a card every year. Just think how much you will appreciate this card, moreso because there haven't been previous ones to your liking.

The way the hobby was with regard to your collecting interests five years ago may not have been supportable for more than a few years to begin with. If anything ANY manufacturer wants specific collectors such as yourself to grow and be more diverse in their collecting habits - not just with player collecting Dawson and Williams but with other types of collecting - because it leads to additional purchases, but its obviously up to you to do this or not...

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
JoshHamilton said:
uniquebaseballcards said:
For someone who owns so few recent Topps cards, its strange that you honor one of their recent brands in your sig. I think you own TONS of recent Topps cards...
chashawk.jpg

Wow, you are stupid

Those are custom cards, not produced by Topps.

They're fantasy A+G's, which Topps blatantly ripped off

Speaking of fantasy and halucination, you gotta stop sucking that pipe. Did you say Topps ripped off some fantasy A&Gs??

Besides, where did I say they were produced by Topps? Should I have even bothered to respond here LOL?

David T.

Sep 4, 2008
David T. said:
Yup. But not a very insightful response.

What would a hobby without Topps be like?

I've been insightful numerous times during the many Topps monopoly debates.
Choice is a good thing.
No one forces anyone to buy everything that at one was time produced.
As long as there were others (note, not other, but others) to choose from, I wouldn't miss Topps one bit.
Oh, and speaking about withdrawal and sellers hype......is that what you to refer to as insightful? Seriously? :lol:
David

If you've been as 'insightful' as you have in this thread already, then I can see why I missed it. If you don't think people haven't gone through withdrawal over the status quo ante then you must have taken a ten year hobby hiatus, otherwise you may have noticed things have changed ::facepalm::

You still didn't answer my question though. What would a hobby without Topps be like?

You want to know what the hobby would be like without Topps as far as I'm concerned?
I'd most likely be spending no money on cards instead of the 25-30 dollars I spend a month now.
For the record, I was spending 100+ when there was other choices.
At the present moment I find other things I'd rather spend my money on than Topps.
Does that answer your question?
David.

Members online

Latest posts