Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pineda hitting 90 on the gun.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
I got 5 lbs on ya. I'm not very muscular though, my stomach looks like CCs. :x

markakis8 said:
It doesn't matter if all of us weigh 500 pounds each. CC Sabathia is a fat baseball player. So is Prince Fielder. So is Miguel Cabrera. They are fat.

Yeah but... if you're 6 feet tall, you would be one of the shortest people to ever play in the NBA. The 10th shortest guy in history was 5'11". So yeah, OK, I'll concede the point that CC is fat for a baseball player.

He's good though! :D

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
No way CC is 290lbs.

I'm 6'8" 300lbs and my gut doesnt hang like that. Being 6'8" stretches all that weight out pretty far. He's gotta be pushing 325-330lbs.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
markakis8 said:
It doesn't matter if all of us weigh 500 pounds each. CC Sabathia is a fat baseball player. So is Prince Fielder. So is Miguel Cabrera. They are fat.
This always cracks me up. They arent fat, they are big guys, they are all muscular as well. There is a big difference between someone who is fat and flabby and someone who is big and has muscles. These are guys that are built like brick s**t houses.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
elmalo said:
markakis8 said:
This always cracks me up. They arent fat, they are big guys, they are all muscular as well. There is a big difference between someone who is fat and flabby and someone who is big and has muscles. These are guys that are built like brick s**t houses.

While I tend to agree, check out CC's belt buckle. It shouldn't be facing south.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
jbhofmann said:
elmalo said:
markakis8 said:

While I tend to agree, check out CC's belt buckle. It shouldn't be facing south.
Oh, believe me, Im not denying that he has a gut.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
elmalo said:
jbhofmann said:
elmalo said:
markakis8 said:

Oh, I totally understand. When you are that large people just don't realize how massive that is. People don't realize those thighs wont fit in jeans off of a rack. They don't account that a lot of the reported 290lbs is muscle mass either.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
elmalo said:
jbhofmann said:
elmalo said:
markakis8 said:

\

Guess it depends on your definition of fat then.

Gut=fat. I have a gut. Therefore, I'm fat.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
markakis8 said:
elmalo said:
jbhofmann said:
elmalo said:
markakis8 said:

\

Me too! :cry: :lol:

At least we're not in denial.

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
RL24 said:
Yeah but Boomo, you're always looking for negative things to say about the Yankees... how much are you willing to bet?

bowmanchromeandorr said:
maybe CC is his roommate in ST and is sharing his Cap'n Crunch

Really?

yankees%2Bpineda%2Bcc.jpg

These guys look skinnier than at least 50% of the board. I know you're thinking "I'm skinnier than CC, he weighs 290 and I weigh 250" but check it out... he's 6'8" and you're 5'8". :lol:

(And don't worry bowmanchromeandorr, I didn't mean you specifically are exactly 5'8" 250 lbs.)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(i'm 6' 4" 230lbs)

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
markakis8 said:
elmalo said:
jbhofmann said:
elmalo said:
markakis8 said:

\

I just happen to disagree. Powerlifters often have guts as well, it doesnt make them fat.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
jbhofmann said:
elmalo said:
jbhofmann said:
elmalo said:
markakis8 said:

Oh, I totally understand. When you are that large people just don't realize how massive that is. People don't realize those thighs wont fit in jeans off of a rack. They don't account that a lot of the reported 290lbs is muscle mass either.
Especially in the case of Prince fielder. You take that gut away and the guy is ripped. He is built like a full back.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
elmalo said:
markakis8 said:
elmalo said:
jbhofmann said:
elmalo said:
[quote="markakis8":1abpctxn]It doesn't matter if all of us weigh 500 pounds each. CC Sabathia is a fat baseball player. So is Prince Fielder. So is Miguel Cabrera. They are fat.

\

I just happen to disagree. Powerlifters often have guts as well, it doesnt make them fat.[/quote:1abpctxn]

Well, it kinda depends on what we're talking about. If I'm underwriting a weight lifter for life insurance... their heart still has to do all that extra work carrying around that extra weight. Underwriters don't look at things like BMI or anything, just height vs weight. So if you think of it that way, many weight lifters with no gut are kind of unhealthy fatties.

That's why I don't bother going to the gym.

:lol:

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
tm decomposer said:
When we talk about guts, what kind of gut are we speaking of? A beer gut? A fupa?

Pineda doesn't have a gut.

Anything that protrudes from your stomach area.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
RL24 said:
Underwriters don't look at things like BMI or anything, just height vs weight. :

So what exactly is BMI?

Isn't it just a calculation using Height and Weight. :lol:

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
vwnut13 said:
RL24 said:
Underwriters don't look at things like BMI or anything, just height vs weight. :

So what exactly is BMI?

It's very misleading. My playing weight was usually around 275. I had a real hard time keeping pounds on during a football season. At the DI level a 6'8" 275lb left tackle is very light. I easily could (and can) carry more weight without getting sloppy at all. If you put those calculations into a BMI calculator it will label a person as obese.

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
jbhofmann said:
vwnut13 said:
RL24 said:

So what exactly is BMI?

It's very misleading. My playing weight was usually around 275. I had a real hard time keeping pounds on during a football season. At the DI level a 6'8" 275lb left tackle is very light. I easily could (and can) carry more weight without getting sloppy at all. If you put those calculations into a BMI calculator it will label a person as obese.

Lou Ferrigno competed in 1992 @ 6'5" 316lbs.
According to the BMI calculation, he is morbidly obese. :lol:

Members online

Latest posts