Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question for Player/Team Collectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
henderson939 said:
chashawk said:
henderson939 said:
I agree wth Sly. If you are a player collector, you would follow that guy, no matter where he goes.

There are no absolutes when it comes to collecting.

You are right, but we are talking player collectors. TRUE fans & collectors of certain players follow their guy(s). That is what player collectors do. Guys who change their mind about who they are collecting every other week are not true player collectors in my eyes.
I should have clarified earlier then by stating that Rich Hill was a secondary collection for me, and my first
foray into collecting a current player.

I collect Dawson (1st) and Billy Williams (2nd), and it doesn't matter to me what team they are pictured with
although I do prefer then in a Cubs uni, and generally pay less when they are pictured with other teams.

edit: Also, nothing against you, but I dislike the term "TRUE" anything. It is not up to anyone else to tell me what kind of collector I am.

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
My Barmes and Helton collections won't go anywhere even if they get traded. Players who had a big impact on the team I don't like getting rid of (like Larry Walker or Matt Holliday). If it was a player who was around for maybe five years and didn't do anything to special (Garrett Atkins), then I have no problem moving their cards.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
If I like the player enough, I keep collecting them into their new team (Darryl Kile) but I'm mostly a team collector so I just stick with Astros.

fatslags

Jan 23, 2010
Canada, Eh!
I stopped with the player collections some time ago.

I collect the Padres refractors in hopes of making rainbows of team sets. I still go after the players who have been traded or retired, so long as they are in Padres uniforms.

Members online