Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

RA Dickey to the Jays?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Why would the Mets trade Dickey? His contract demand is apparently 2 years, $26 million. He just won a Cy Young. Anibal Sanchez just got $80 million over 5 years. Even at his advanced age, Dickey can probably be a very productive knuckleball starter for 4-5 years.

Jays are committing highway robbery if they get him and can sign him in the $12 million to $14 million range per year. If he leaves after one year, it's still an even trade as D'Arnaud is a good but not elite prospect and Gose is a league average young player with some tools, which is what a two-month rental for a Cy Young winner often costs. The Jays have identified a major market inefficiency: the devaluing of Dickey simply because he is a knuckleballer.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
Why would the Mets trade Dickey? His contract demand is apparently 2 years, $26 million. He just won a Cy Young. Anibal Sanchez just got $80 million over 5 years. Even at his advanced age, Dickey can probably be a very productive knuckleball starter for 4-5 years.

Jays are committing highway robbery if they get him and can sign him in the $12 million to $14 million range per year. If he leaves after one year, it's still an even trade as D'Arnaud is a good but not elite prospect and Gose is a league average young player with some tools, which is what a two-month rental for a Cy Young winner often costs. The Jays have identified a major market inefficiency: the devaluing of Dickey simply because he is a knuckleballer.

D'Arnaud is not an elite prospect? What makes someone elite or not? How high up the Top 100 do you have to be to be considered elite? He's been on the top 100 for the last 3 years and was 17th overall last year. Would likely be top 10 this year. He plays a premium position and puts up great offensive stats.

Regardless I can say that the action on my D'Arnaud auctions has reached a fever pitch. Should a trade to the Mets be completed I can't imagine what the NY effect will have.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
D'Arnaud is not an elite prospect? What makes someone elite or not? How high up the Top 100 do you have to be to be considered elite? He's been on the top 100 for the last 3 years and was 17th overall last year. Would likely be top 10 this year. He plays a premium position and puts up great offensive stats.

Regardless I can say that the action on my D'Arnaud auctions has reached a fever pitch. Should a trade to the Mets be completed I can't imagine what the NY effect will have.

I classify "elite" prospects as top 5 who are in the running for being the #1 overall MiLB prospect. D'Arnaud is a very good prospect who either is MLB ready now or isn't going to be a plus catcher. Definite value there, but Dickey is likely to be far more valuable to an MLB team over the next five years than D'Arnaud.

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
Gotta love off-season trade speculation. As a Mets fan, I wouldn't be displeased if SA could land T. D'Arnaud for Dickey. I'd pull my hair out if it was for JPA though.

Anyone is better than Josh Thole at C, and maybe with luck D'Arnaud could be the next Buster Posey...maybe?

hofvintagecollector

Apr 8, 2012
Gotta love off-season trade speculation. As a Mets fan, I wouldn't be displeased if SA could land T. D'Arnaud for Dickey. I'd pull my hair out if it was for JPA though.

Anyone is better than Josh Thole at C, and maybe with luck D'Arnaud could be the next Buster Posey...maybe?

I see him being more of a Wieters type player with a higher average

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
D'Arnaud is definitely elite. To only limit the "Elite" level to 5 is ridiculous. Sometimes you have more, sometimes less. Regardless, reality is that an AS player will always be >>>> "can't miss" prospect. As much as the Jays would love to pencil TDA's "all-star" numbers into the lineup, there is no guarantee of success in the bigs.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Well, the semantic argument is not particularly relevant. My overall point that the Jays are ripping off the Mets still stands. Ace pitchers are the toughest commodity to find.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

sebpoo

Aug 7, 2008
Montreal, P.Q.
Huh? Care to share with the class how the Blue Jays have deep pockets?

Rogers is in Canada what Time Warner is to you.
Right now it's the biggest communications brand in the country along with Bell.
They own the Jays, and they are also part of the group that owns the Raptors (NBA), the Toronto FC (MLS) and the Maple Leafs (NHL).

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Interesting.

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS
#mets, #jays still working to finalize. Jays willing to include d'arnaud, but said to want prospect back with dickey

WaxPax

Still unknown all the players involved....7 players total perhaps

As of this morning, the deal had four players coming to the Mets and three to the Blue Jays, according to Mike Puma of the New York Post (Twitter links). Toronto also wants a catcher back in the deal, and that could be Thole. The Mets have discussed getting pitching prospect Noah Syndergaard in the deal as well, Puma tweets.
Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#0qcDkM478v4lkjUs.99

Members online

Latest posts