Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

RA Dickey to the Jays?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Holy crap. If the Mets can get both d'Arnaud AND Syndergaard, they will have cleaned up. Props to NY.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
Depends who else is heading north of the border...anyone except harvey, wheeler, Flores or fulmer I could live with....

Live with? You're getting a Halladay-like haul for a 36 year old pitcher who only just put together a great season for the first time in his career. You should be very okay with this deal even if one of those were included.

hofvintagecollector

Apr 8, 2012
Joel Sherman ‏@Joelsherman1

But right now it's Dickey/Thole/prospect (told not elite) for d/Arnaud/Syndegaard/Buck/prospect (told not elite) #Mets #Bluejays

Pending physicals and dickey signing a 2 year extension

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
Looks like more pieces involved on both sides....Gose & D'arnaud or Arencibia for Dickey & others....I say do it, get Gose & D'arnaud let the young guys play in '13 and look to be better in '14 & beyond

The Blue Jays and Mets are close to agreeing on a trade that would send Dickey to Toronto, according to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports. The names in the trade aren't finalized, but outfielder Anthony Gose is likely to be included in the deal. The Mets also are expected to acquire either J.P. Arencibia or Travis d’Arnaud. However, the Blue Jays are looking to get more out of the deal if they surrender d'Arnaud.
Read more at MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

Here's my input (just an opinion) from what i've been hearing through the grapevine and following AA's moves over the yrs.
Now it sounds like his love for Gose has faded, and Rasmus has shown flashes of his potential but that's about it. So they will need a CF'er for the future. I think he has his eye on Brandon Nimmo. Arencibia is more than adequate behind the plate. They're deep in catching prospects too. So i'd be really happy if they can land Nimmo and keep JP. A big plus if Dickey can even come close to last yrs numbers and eat up the innings, a big problem last yr.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
i see him staying there. how quickly people forget the huge hard-on that Toronto has (had?) for Gose. Remember they wanted him in the Halliday trade and then got him from houston

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
i wish dickey could stay a met. no matter what they get in return toronto will get the better deal. he was something special.

WaxPax

For a team rebuilding, this is the right thing to do, plus the return the Mets are getting is sizable....

Multiple reports still indicate the Mets would be getting top Blue Jays prospect C Travis d’Arnaud along with C John Buck, RHP Noah Syndergaard (who is considered Toronto’s third best prospect), and another minor leaguer.
The Blue Jays could reportedly add cash to the deal or another prospect to help offset Buck’s $6 million salary for 2013.
Reports suggest Toronto has asked to speak with Dickey about a contract extension, which is most likely why this deal is taking so long to be completed. Dickey is reportedly open to a contract extension with the Blue Jays.

i wish dickey could stay a met. no matter what they get in return toronto will get the better deal. he was something special.

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
I wonder what part of this deal has to do with the NY media driving up the price with wild speculation. Including Syndergaard is a steep price, an elite prospect on the Mets side would have to be included. I'm hoping that the Mets are not using the Jays' "offer" to shop around with other teams. Knowing AA he could have a trade for Price instead. That's his MO.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
Sources: #Mets, #BlueJays have agreement in principle on Dickey trade. Window open for Jays to extend Dickey, which would complete deal.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
Either way Blue Jays would be way overpaying for a 38 year old player. I don't care if he has "less" wear
on his body because he is a knuckleballer. I give credit to the Mets for pulling off a heist.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Blue Jays definitely gave up a lot to get him, but if he can come close to pitching like he did last season, it will be a fair trade. Like I have said before...it takes a lot to get a top tier pitcher nowadays, whether it be a package of top prospects or the entire Yankees payroll.

Members online