Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Recent slab pickups / grading

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
full.jpg
full.jpg
>
>
>
@Greg Cleveland love the variety of slabs - sorta reminds me of my own haphazard subs !!

OK next up are the Timber and TNT subsets
Very quick subset as they were easy to locate and not hard to find
I'll show all three items for each. A few jersey # may be mixed in

Got a few more stragglers from this series, then Ill have to move on to my 2003 LCM subset scans and gather the info I have on those

#45- YANKEES HOME PINSTRIPES
=====================
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
>
>
>
#108 - RED SOX
========
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
>
>
>
#129 - YANKEES AWAY GREY
===============
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

>
>
>

full.jpg
full.jpg
>
>
>

Last up is the PLAYER AND TEAM THREADS items. Clemens had two cards in these the Player Threads Single and Player Threads Double
He did not have either of the Team Threads items. Both these Player Threads items were easy to locate back when even though they
are low # to just 50
>
>
>
full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Couple of 2000's modern items with 3 ultra moderns from 2020 box breaks during Covid
Shown off the raw Gwynn before finally protected it
Pedro's from a 2004 Flair break during Covid, same with the Mantle and Molden
Curry from a retail $40 Optic box

The Mac Jones came from a Panini Mosaic "regret to inform" package sent from a non-fulfilled 7 year redemption
Kinda sad the player involved spent 2 years injured - you'd have thought they'd have had plenty of time to get them to sign stuff
At least I can cross the item off as " never produced" now

full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

This last one- purchased a 2007 UD Predictor Silver Team set from a major ebay team set seller years ago
Purchased it so I could get the Clemens and finish off the subset of colors
The set came inside a bubble mailer- not exactly what I cared to see back when
Sat in a box just waiting for me to dust it off
But it seems to have come through unscathed judging by my first two cards sent for slabbing
Newly slabbed JETER with my prior BGS registry slabbed Clemens

May sub the Posada and Matsui cards one of these days to PSA
full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Strangely I got back my first few player / set registry stuff in 18 months last PSA sub
All I'll say is the grading is fairly accurate ,but my eyes are becoming "consistently inconsistent"
Think its time for new stronger readers ( or maybe I should stop any "rush entry" on all the subs)

I missed a highly obvious back corner issue on the PSA 7 below
I expected three 8 and a 9 so pleased with the results
Carried these Die-Cut around 20+ years so I lowered my expectations
Besides I got more around

,full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

jmc855

Jan 11, 2013
RI
I thought you had the market cornered on Leaf Certified Clemens Jersey #'d in this run after your last impressive posts @jeffv96masters , then I saw these pop up on fleaBay. Had to grab them. 😀

Attachments

• 20230427_144615.jpg
    20230427_144615.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 8
  • 20230427_144628.jpg
    20230427_144628.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 6

Mark76

Mar 7, 2021
Jeff, is your Nomar PSA Registry available to look at at PSA's website? Would love to see it

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
@jmc855 - Jay - I love the jersey pieces congrats !! More into checking off boxes on the checklist than I am owning jersey numbers . I lucked out on to the ones I had. I'm too busy with work, docs, and this stupid scan project for the insurance folks to be on eBay for anything but selling nowadays. Congrats on those !!

@Mark76 - Mark- none of my registries on BGS or PSA has ever been public - I like privacy. I can post stuff though in this thread if you'd like me to start including the many BGS & PSA Nomar slabs I own . Just ask
Speaking of Nomar 3 more slabs trying to get PSA to get into the Master set registry lists - plenty of these available

I have a dozen other Nomar inserts I have to scan that have come slowly back the last 12 months 1 or 2 at a time
I keep finding slabs in various piles that I shoved aside so I could mail stuff back to people

I have subbed mostly resale the last 12+ months since Pops death. Less than 1 month behind now on two major bills- when I get caught up - watch out. Gonna be a slew of personal stuff subbed for the first time in years. I have over 200 Nomar inserts to slab, not to mention other stuff for BGS & PSA
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
A few more back. Tough to scan foil board so I used the camera
No time to black out numbers today so shown as is although I prefer black outs
I'm overwhelmed in slabs so been shipping stuff and packing for 10 days now after work

@Mark76 will show what I can when I can

Love these Spellbound -they remind me of the early 90's-2000's series
The Brady- ah well , pack fresh does not mean pack perfect
From a 2020 box break. I have a bunch of Montana's as well to come
full.jpgfull.jpg

full.jpgfull.jpg

full.jpgfull.jpg

full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Some slabs caught up scanning recently back after 6 months away
Wainwright rookies sell extremely well so I slab those I come across
Trevor's an obvious choice- wish he had these premier receivers though
The Waddle was one of those "WTF" moments until I look closely at the top edge
Missed surface issues- oh well $16 down the tube on that one
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
Also back is some base jersey items for my Clemens registry I've been sitting on for 10 years
Part of that same pile of stuff I ignored and decided to check on what it was due to all the dust accumulated
Turns out they were all condition related "set asides" I wasn't in a rush to slab= methinks

Strangely on that Co-Signers HyperSilver /Gold dupe ( the # 2/5 is the dupe) I honestly don't remember buying it. In the" to be sold" pile now

It wasn't a series I even chased ( sets with dozens of variations are not priorities)
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
A few more scans done. First couple complete the sub that had those dust filled "condition problem" items
Think I might just need to slab the base jersey , and if I ever locate a blue # to 20 jersey- to complete the series
Have a bunch more High Heats so no worries there its a base item
full.jpg
full.jpg

The 2004 MLB Showdown versions and the 2004 Prime cuts were on a different sub I'm just now scanning
Think I need to buy just 1 item to complete the 5 card Ryan/Clemens Timeline #9 dual series ( the expensive dual auto/prime piece # to 25)
It's been available before online plenty, I just did not have a couple hundred to spare at the times it showed
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
More slabs back and scanned. Just 2 PSA items and 5 or so BGS slabs
All 5 of the BGS were in the 10 year old dust pile I held aside. Apparently not all had condition problems
Think I just need the Clemens / Wood # to 20 base item to complete the K-force sub-series
On that Feller/Seaver/Clemens Throwback- no biggie. I have two more readily handy I can try to upgrade

Brady is just part of a long line of his inserts I've been slabbing
The Tino Refractor- thing is a bear to get high grade. This is the first 9 or higher I got
And frankly if I am honest it is over graded -they missed several obvious issues with it- should have been another PSA 8
full.jpg
full.jpg

full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
OK a post by @mrmopar reminded me to scan some of the Fisks on my inventory sheets for insurance
So I'll begin to start scanning and updating my insurance lady with the subseries he posted a card I need from

The 2005 UPPER DECK HALL OF FAME BASEBALL SET series of tins in my mind is one of Upper Decks best sets of the 2000's bar none. Very little made me stray from my DLP buying spree- this stuff did. I'd buy any tins I saw in my dealers store
Contained within the tins was an auto variation, an insert card, and some base cards

First up will be the Class of Cooperstown CF1 - Red Sox variation sub set. This sub-set is very informative if the backs are available. Requires close inspection of the wording to decipher which variaton one has- hence why I asked @mrmopar to see the back of his

Below are the ones close to me here in my local Vegas storage units
full

full

full

full

full

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Last edited:

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Love seeing all these! @jeffv96masters are selling most of these or keeping them in your collection?

If it is a baseball item in a BGS slab - its PC. Any other sport will not be kept
If it's in a PSA slab sayonara it's being sold . PSA's destroyed their registry system with the greed
$150 for an item that cost less than $50 to slab 3 years ago ( 5x7 modern cards) is lunacy
Not to mention charging $19 for junk modern stuff that can't even recoup $10 if its not a 10- yeah
I may look stupid- but I'm not grabbing my ankles without a damn reach around 🤬🥳🤬

Only PSA registry's I am keeping is my Red Sox stuff ( Fisk, Nomar , Evans, Lynn, Rice and some sets) = the rest are going. All my Finest sets , all the other player stuff- going

Next up for the Fisk 2005 set will be the Class of Cooperstown CF2 - White Sox variation sub set
I am further along completing this one than I am the Red Sox versions
Think I need 3 more non 1/1 items and this sub set will be completed
full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Nov 6, 2019
Arizona
If it is a baseball item in a BGS slab - its PC. Any other sport will not be kept
If it's in a PSA slab sayonara it's being sold . PSA's destroyed their registry system with the greed
$150 for an item that cost less than $50 to slab 3 years ago ( 5x7 modern cards) is lunacy
Not to mention charging $19 for junk modern stuff that can't even recoup $10 if its not a 10- yeah
I may look stupid- but I'm not grabbing my ankles without a damn reach around 🤬🥳🤬

Only PSA registry's I am keeping is my Red Sox stuff ( Fisk, Nomar , Evans, Lynn, Rice and some sets) = the rest are going. All my Finest sets , all the other player stuff- going

Next up for the Fisk 2005 set will be the Class of Cooperstown CF2 - White Sox variation sub set
I am further along completing this one than I am the Red Sox versions
Think I need 3 more non 1/1 items and this sub set will be completed
full

full

full

full

full

full

full

What does BGS charge? Are they about the same price for the junk wax era cards as well?

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
BGS is charging $16 right now for NO-SUB grades stuff- $3 cheaper than PSA's club prices right now. But PSA is twice as fast getting the $19 stuff back- so its a trade off.

We now move to the Cooperstown Calling- CF1 White Sox variation
Somehow have the Gold base - but not the easier Bronze or Silver base variations yet
Go figure that one out
full

full

full

full

full

full

full

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
And now up is the Cooperstown Calling -CF2 Red Sox variation
Got lucky on that Patch-Gold Auto #2/2 being in right place at right time when it got listed
And in case some don't notice- 90% of this set is # 25 or less- labor of love is what this set is
Taking forever but that's OK as slow builds are a specialty
full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Members online

Latest posts