Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rickey Henderson was not called out for steroids!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Re: Rickey Henderson called out for steroids!

bodiaz said:
A_Pharis said:
bodiaz said:
Rickey must have paid Canseco a substantial amount of money to change his tune! No way it is a coincidence Canseco came out with this the week Rickey was put in! He probably shook him down. Word is he tried to shake Magglio down when he came out with his second book.

And this is why most people don't pay attention to bodiaz.

Yes. I'm sure Canseco would named McGwire - a close teammate of his - but not Rickey.

Try to refrain from personal attacks! Sorry if the truth hurts. Don't shoot the messanger. I will never understand why there is so much hate towards Canseco! Fans claim they only want the players to be honest, Canseco has been nothing but honest and people hate him! They hate him because the truth hurts, and your idols are not as pure as you want to believe!

Are you going to honestly now still call the title of your thread the truth? Jose Canseco said himself it isnt Rickey Henderson.

Quote:
Canseco won't name who he's talking about, but he did say it's not his former Oakland teammate, Rickey Henderson, who was just inducted at Cooperstown.

"I have no knowledge of Rickey using steroids in any manner, shape or form," Canseco said in an interview with 950 ESPN radio in Philadelphia.

Change the title and step back from the ledge...

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009

1st4040 said:
When I heard about his comments on ESPN the first person that came to mind was Cal Ripken... not Rickey.

how do you play that many games consecutive? how do you have spotty power years later in your career while playing all those games? Cal was never jacked up like the others but not all of the players using were going for size.. Im sure it would break everyone's heart if my assumption of who Canseco is referring proved true.

I will give Rickey credit here.. he may have been muscular but he also worked out hard in the offseason to maintain his body for the abuse he gave it during the season. I really don't think he's the person Canseco was referring to especially since he said there was someone ALREADY in the hall that was a user.

This is the reason fans are morons! You don't think the other roiders worked hard?!? Fans think steriods were some magic potion with no work required. Go take roids and let me know how many more Home Runs you hit! The players that put up the #s were studs already! It did not turn them into supermen alone. There Is ALOT of hard work involved!

jmc280zx

Aug 11, 2008
SoCal

bodiaz said:
A_Pharis said:
bodiaz said:
Rickey must have paid Canseco a substantial amount of money to change his tune! No way it is a coincidence Canseco came out with this the week Rickey was put in! He probably shook him down. Word is he tried to shake Magglio down when he came out with his second book.

And this is why most people don't pay attention to bodiaz.

Yes. I'm sure Canseco would named McGwire - a close teammate of his - but not Rickey.

Try to refrain from personal attacks! Sorry if the truth hurts. Don't shoot the messanger. I will never understand why there is so much hate towards Canseco! Fans claim they only want the players to be honest, Canseco has been nothing but honest and people hate him! They hate him because the truth hurts, and your idols are not as pure as you want to believe!

There is a BIG difference between people wanting the players to tell the truth about them selves and people not liking some one for being a RAT...

On a side note you sig is way to big.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.

bodiaz said:
1st4040 said:
When I heard about his comments on ESPN the first person that came to mind was Cal Ripken... not Rickey.

how do you play that many games consecutive? how do you have spotty power years later in your career while playing all those games? Cal was never jacked up like the others but not all of the players using were going for size.. Im sure it would break everyone's heart if my assumption of who Canseco is referring proved true.

I will give Rickey credit here.. he may have been muscular but he also worked out hard in the offseason to maintain his body for the abuse he gave it during the season. I really don't think he's the person Canseco was referring to especially since he said there was someone ALREADY in the hall that was a user.

This is the reason fans are morons! You don't think the other roiders worked hard?!? Fans think steriods were some magic potion with no work required. Go take roids and let me know how many more Home Runs you hit! The players that put up the #s were studs already! It did not turn them into supermen alone. There Is ALOT of hard work involved!

You sir are not making many friends here in this thread with the personal attacks.. You think I have no idea what steroids do or require? I know a few guys that I went to school with that were heavy into roids and I saw what it made them since they were gym rats. I also have seen the long term affect they had on these guys cause one is a total mess these days. not every user wants to be Mr. Olympia. guys use things to get the muscles leaner and stronger not just to bulk up. bulk won't make you a faster runner, a better fielder etc. and since I mentioned Cal and Nolan there are many reasons both could have used to extend their careers and legacies. it wouldn't have been about size with them just stamina and fitness.

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008

1st4040 said:
another possibility I came up with if not Ripken was Nolan Ryan since he played in Texas with him late in Nolan's extremely long career and during the peek of his own personal steroid era. either way if one of the two America's sweethearts ended up being the person he was referring to how many people would just be crushed?

Canseco already talked about Cal in his first book. He claimed something like he wouldn't be surprised if he took them but had no proof/wasn't certain.

championMan

Apr 16, 2009

I recall Canseco mention that Rickey Henderson never used steroids during promotion of his 1st book. He even comment Rickey truly one of the athlete that he known that did it naturally. So I believe the OP should change the topic to reflect someone else.

gvsu96

Aug 7, 2008
You can call me Milton

bodiaz said:
1st4040 said:

You're a fan of Bonds right? So by your reasoning fans are morons.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania

bodiaz said:
1st4040 said:

You ever take roids? Half of my high school football team was on them (might be why we always did good). You're right, it's not some magical potion that gives you skill. You have to have some skill already. But steroids sure will put you over the top against somebody clean. It's also not as much hard work when you're juicing. Trust me.

Members online