Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Scans of autographed Razor Letterman cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
sportscardtheory said:
mredsox89 said:
Adamsince1981 said:
sportscardtheory said:
P_Manning 18 said:
[quote="Blue Hodges Reverend":1jmzdaqi]this is classified as an '09 product right?

Yea Right.... its only March 6th... is still a 2008 product. OR better yet.... they are 2007 so they are even better.

These cards look great, but calling them 2008's is LAME. I'm not sure TriStar would even have the cubes to do that.

Blah Blah

yea, who really cares at this point. The topic has been beaten to death and its not like anything can change

Sorry to bring up a valid point guys... BUY EM' UP!!! :D[/quote:1jmzdaqi]

I agree that its a valid point but going back and forth about it doesn't solve anything

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
sportscardtheory said:
mredsox89 said:
Adamsince1981 said:
sportscardtheory said:
P_Manning 18 said:
[quote="Blue Hodges Reverend":16em4o6f]this is classified as an '09 product right?

Yea Right.... its only March 6th... is still a 2008 product. OR better yet.... they are 2007 so they are even better.

These cards look great, but calling them 2008's is LAME. I'm not sure TriStar would even have the cubes to do that.

Blah Blah

yea, who really cares at this point. The topic has been beaten to death and its not like anything can change

Sorry to bring up a valid point guys... BUY EM' UP!!! :D[/quote:16em4o6f]

Oh, you brought it up? OR, did you echo an opinion that has been brought up and echoed by the haters in every thread for quite sometime now?

Thats what I thought...

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
mredsox89 said:
sportscardtheory said:
mredsox89 said:
Adamsince1981 said:
sportscardtheory said:
[quote="P_Manning 18":258ejdrs][quote="Blue Hodges Reverend":258ejdrs]this is classified as an '09 product right?

Blah Blah

Sorry to bring up a valid point guys... BUY EM' UP!!! :D[/quote:258ejdrs]

I agree that its a valid point but going back and forth about it doesn't solve anything[/quote:258ejdrs]

There is no going back and forth. I was merely stating my opinion. Even if I was a "prospector", I would buy this stuff because it's a deceptive release strategy. I don't give my hard earned dollars to companies that distort reality to suit their financial needs. That's just me... obviously, you and everyone else can do as you please.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
sportscardtheory said:
mredsox89 said:
sportscardtheory said:
mredsox89 said:
Adamsince1981 said:
[quote="sportscardtheory":8gzg5yeq][quote="P_Manning 18":8gzg5yeq][quote="Blue Hodges Reverend":8gzg5yeq]this is classified as an '09 product right?

Blah Blah

Sorry to bring up a valid point guys... BUY EM' UP!!! :D[/quote:8gzg5yeq]

I agree that its a valid point but going back and forth about it doesn't solve anything[/quote:8gzg5yeq]

There is no going back and forth. I was merely stating my opinion. Even if I was a "prospector", I would buy this stuff because it's a deceptive release strategy. I don't give my hard earned dollars to companies that distort reality to suit their financial needs. That's just me... obviously, you and everyone else can do as you please.[/quote:8gzg5yeq]

how does calling this a 2008 product help Razor's financial needs?

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Adamsince1981 said:
Oh, you brought it up? OR, did you echo an opinion that has been brought up and echoed by the haters in every thread for quite sometime now?

Thats what I thought...

What planet are you on? I merely stated my opinion by agreeing with another member. If you don't agree, you can shove off for all I care. I'm allowed my opinion. THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT. <--- (what a douchy thing to say)

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
mredsox89 said:
sportscardtheory said:
There is no going back and forth. I was merely stating my opinion. Even if I was a "prospector", I would not buy this stuff because it's a deceptive release strategy. I don't give my hard earned dollars to companies that distort reality to suit their financial needs. That's just me... obviously, you and everyone else can do as you please.

You really can't figure that out on your own?

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
mredsox89 said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:
mredsox89 said:
Are you kidding?

No, clearly I am missing something, lol. I feel they could sell the product whether it is 08 or 09, the value after its out of their hands changes.

I really don't feel like getting into it, because it should be obvious. But first of all, why do you think they would bother calling it 2008 if it didn't matter? Wouldn't they just call it 2009 (since that's when they were printed and released, in March mind you) if it didn't matter?

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
sportscardtheory said:
mredsox89 said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:
mredsox89 said:
Are you kidding?

No, clearly I am missing something, lol. I feel they could sell the product whether it is 08 or 09, the value after its out of their hands changes.

I really don't feel like getting into it, because it should be obvious. But first of all, why do you think they would bother calling it 2008 if it didn't matter? Wouldn't they just call it 2009 (since that's when they were printed and released, in March mind you) if it didn't matter?

Well i dont know why they are calling it 08 but that makes sense, but i would still like to know the financial gain. I dont know anything beyond what happens once it is out of the producers hands so i should probably just fade off into the distance :?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
ryanhoward06 said:
Chances here.

Sportscardtheory= VirtualYankee
Sportscardtheory= Cardcop.

I'm at 85/90.

Definitely not Cardcop. Posts way too frequently.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
mredsox89 said:
Well i dont know why they are calling it 08 but that makes sense, but i would still like to know the financial gain. I dont know anything beyond what happens once it is out of the producers hands so i should probably just fade off into the distance :?

No need for fading off into the distance. :) Having cards of prospects at the earliest possible date helps sales because people WANT the earliest cards they can get of any particular player. That's why I find it wrong to manipulate release dates to whatever you see fit. Is it fair to other companies releasing cards of those players in 2009? What if a company widely released a Tim Beckham card in 2008, but called it a 2007 because they wanted to. And that is only ONE example out of an entire set. Would that damage sales on his 2008 Razor cards? I would think so... seeing that they are no longer his first widely released cards.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
mredsox89 said:
Ok, Razor invested heavily into exclusive contracts with a bunch of players, and the reality of those contracts is that the majority of value is in the first year..."rookie" year as some refer to it.

Therefore ANY 2009 and beyond release featuring these exclusive players will not be as sought after as the 2008 releases. To maximize interest in sales (and therefore revenue) Razor had to label these as 2008.

The number of cases here that were purchased would have easily been halved if this was going to be called a 2009 product, just like Razor Metal.

Razor is simply stretching the definition of 2008 solely for the best financial interest. Of course, the collectors want this as well because it allows for more "2008" cards of their key players...but it was done for nothing other than financial reasons.

Do I believe that this should be a 2008 product? Absolutely not, but I can certainly understand why it is labeled as such.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
I guess i just didn't think people would not buy the boxes/cases if they were 09, but that it would effect aftermarket values, like ebay single sales.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I would be interested to know just how Beckett created their guidelines for ascertaining a product's year after 12/31 has passed.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
sportscardtheory said:
mredsox89 said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:
mredsox89 said:
Are you kidding?

Hey, guys.. no need top beat the guy up.. He is entitled to an opinion....

Whether you agree with our decision or not (which we have publicly reasoned over 20 times), it is very simple:

BUY THE CARDS IF YOU LIKE THEM

DO NOT BUY THE CARDS IF YOU DONT LIKE THEM

Nothing is deceptive as we hope our customers know the date today and can make an informed decision... It isnt like we are trying to trick them into thinking it is March 7, 2008 today...

BG

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Jaypers said:
I would be interested to know just how Beckett created their guidelines for ascertaining a product's year after 12/31 has passed.
I'm going to guess it involved a handshake and a 'case by case' discussion.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Jaypers said:
I'm going to guess it involved a handshake and a 'case by case' discussion.

I think it is absurd and that it should be named based on the year in which it was physically released. But since that isn't the fact and I can't change it after it is announced, i guess i couldn't really care less what year it is labeled

Members online

Latest posts