Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

selling entire collection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RogerMarisCollector61

Jan 26, 2010
I'm about to enter my senior year in college and my parents are moving away after I leave. Because of this, I want to get rid of all of my cards except what's in my bucket. I have an extensive vintage collection (mostly 60s-70s) with a lot of big rookies in there like george brett, carlton fisk, etc. and some hank aaron, mike schmidt, etc. The rest of the cards are mostly 1997-2008 with a lot of inserts and stuff like jeter/mantle/bush card, red refractors, etc. I want to sell this off in the next week can anybody point me in the right direction here?

Last edited:

BoyWonder089

Jul 14, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
I was in a similar situation. Depending on your area, craigslist might work. I had some mild success through that but it can be annoying to deal with picky buyers.

You could also just throw it all up on ebay and let it run for a couple days. But you might not be all that happy with what you get for it.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Do you need the money in the next week or just move the cards out of the way? You could sell them on consignment and let someone else do the work. Of course you pay for that as well

RogerMarisCollector61

Jan 26, 2010
Do you need the money in the next week or just move the cards out of the way? You could sell them on consignment and let someone else do the work. Of course you pay for that as well

How does consignment work? I honestly just want the cards to go, making a lot of money isn't important... but I don't want to just throw them out.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
How does consignment work? I honestly just want the cards to go, making a lot of money isn't important... but I don't want to just throw them out.

Essentially someone else does the listing/promoting/shipping on your behalf. They'd basically piece things out by card or lot. After everything is sold you get the money minus auction/listing fees and whatever they charge, which is usually a percentage of final sales. There's a few board members who do this that would be able to give you more specific info but I can't remember exact usernames at the moment

RogerMarisCollector61

Jan 26, 2010
Essentially someone else does the listing/promoting/shipping on your behalf. They'd basically piece things out by card or lot. After everything is sold you get the money minus auction/listing fees and whatever they charge, which is usually a percentage of final sales. There's a few board members who do this that would be able to give you more specific info but I can't remember exact usernames at the moment

Okay thanks for the explanation, I appreciate it.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
I consigned a lot of stuff with boomo and it got great prices. His commission wasn't too much. Some of the bigger sellers will get more exposure from the listings than you will on your own. I highly recommend him.

RogerMarisCollector61

Jan 26, 2010
Now I'm leaning towards donating the newer stuff and selling the vintage.
1. Does anyone know a place in south jersey that accepts baseball card donations?
2. Does anyone know anyone who would want to buy all of my vintage in the next 10 days? Thanks

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
Dude, just snap pics of each, eBay Turbo Lister a generic description. Just change title and pic, can popout 3 auctions a minute

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Check with your local children's hospitals.

I have donated locally to the Peyton Manning Children's Hospital several times. Evidently it's a big hit. Every time my wife and I have taken cards up there, the nurses say the kids love them. We even did a card drive here on FCB. We had thousands and thousands of cards to take up there. It was awesome.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I donate my cards to my Goodwill. I haven't made a donation in a while, but they are still trying to sell my cards :lol:

I would check with your local hospital/children's hospital/clinic and see if they can use them.

I might me interested in some vintage Twins if the price is right.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Now I'm leaning towards donating the newer stuff and selling the vintage.
1. Does anyone know a place in south jersey that accepts baseball card donations?
2. Does anyone know anyone who would want to buy all of my vintage in the next 10 days? Thanks

Are you in the Philly area? Also, Do you have a list or Bucket of stuff? I'm not in a position to buy right now, but have a coupla buddies who might be and I could send them your info...

RogerMarisCollector61

Jan 26, 2010
Are you in the Philly area? Also, Do you have a list or Bucket of stuff? I'm not in a position to buy right now, but have a coupla buddies who might be and I could send them your info...

Yes I live right outside philly in south jersey. I don't have a list or anything but I could give a more accurate description if you had somebody to point me to. Thanks

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Yes I live right outside philly in south jersey. I don't have a list or anything but I could give a more accurate description if you had somebody to point me to. Thanks

I'll send you a PM.

But I would advise against donating anything other than base cards commons. The store/hopsital/community would never get near the value they should out of them. The only person who would benefit would be the guy who gets a great pile of cards for only a small fraction of what they're worth...

Members online