Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So is Razor done with Baseball?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jul 30, 2009
No 2009 products this year and I havent heard of anything planed for the rest of the year.

This time last year, they were the talk of the town with all their exclusives but I havent heard a peep from them yet.

Just about every product tey released has dropped, especially Letterman.

With that being said, if tey do release an auto per pack draft product with little to no exclusives, whos going to buy them? Would you?

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
011873 said:
No 2009 products this year and I havent heard of anything planed for the rest of the year.

This time last year, they were the talk of the town with all their exclusives but I havent heard a peep from them yet.

With that being said, if tey do release an auto per pack draft product with little to no exclusives, whos going to buy them? Would you?
I have a feeling they are just being quiet this year. They could have already signed many players, so far. I have a feeling they will release a Razor Signature Series 2009.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
I think they are keeping things to themselves until everything is finalized because of the anger their products were met with last year. I would expect a 2009 signature series or metal packed out product by the end of the year, but who knows. They seem to be focusing a lot more on their non sport products which seems to be their specialty

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Each 2008 Razor baseball product is selling for significantly less than cost upon release - IE: it was/is a disaster on the market, and that is not a good thing.

That said, Razor sold out of their 2008 products so for them it was a success for their production only. The exclusive autograph deals that they have spread out over the life of the contract will undoubtedly lose money as there is little value in these contracts after the first year had passed.

The problem that Razor faces with any baseball product is convincing the market that the product is worthwhile and provide confidence with the potential buyers that they won't immediately lose money upon the product's release.

It's a tough road to not only inform the majority of the card collecting public that they exist, and then convince those who lost money on their products to jump back on board.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
I heard they are going to do a 3000 bucks a pack product with all vice presidents. Should be HOT

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Each 2008 Razor baseball product is selling for significantly less than cost upon release - IE: it was/is a disaster on the market, and that is not a good thing.

That said, Razor sold out of their 2008 products so for them it was a success for their production only. The exclusive autograph deals that they have spread out over the life of the contract will undoubtedly lose money as there is little value in these contracts after the first year had passed.

The problem that Razor faces with any baseball product is convincing the market that the product is worthwhile and provide confidence with the potential buyers that they won't immediately lose money upon the product's release.

It's a tough road to not only inform the majority of the card collecting public that they exist, and then convince those who lost money on their products to jump back on board.

This is the same thing I think is going to happen with UD, and anyone else who thinks it's a good idea to sign exclusives with anyone in the minors. Just imagine if this keeps up. There are waaaay more busts than hits. How many busts can you sign to deals before you run out of money?

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
Hopefully they are working on getting the MILB license
I would be shocked if they got the MiLB license. In fact, I'm shocked that it hasn't been announced yet who has that license for 2010 considering Tristar's contract ends after this year.

steve-a-reno

Aug 7, 2008
I heard they went bankrupt from all the lawyers fees they incurred while suing all the people on message boards who said they didn't like their product. ::facepalm:: ;) ...of course I kid.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
steve-a-reno said:
I heard they went bankrupt from all the lawyers fees they incurred while suing all the people on message boards who said they didn't like their product. ::facepalm:: ;) ...of course I kid.

Or implied that there was some sort of relationship between them and UD

DaleMurphyCollector

Aug 7, 2008
Imagination Land
011873 said:

Did the 'H' key on your keyboard break mid-post?

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
justinmandawg said:
Didn't UD just get the MiLB license?
Justin...do you have any source/site that states that?

That would amaze me if indeed that was the case, giving Upper Deck rights to all collegiate and MiLB photos.

I've said all along that if MLBPA handed the MiLB license over to an actual card company (Topps, Upper Deck, Panini) that the product/brand could flourish.

If I had to guess, it would go to Topps, making it one easy licensee for the entire professional brand. Plus, with the association of Razor and Upper Deck, I would be shocked if it went to either company.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
cgilmo said:
justinmandawg said:
Didn't UD just get the MiLB license?

ummmmmmm no

Topps is getting that licence. Wait for it, it's gonna happen.

For those that ask for a source, just wait for it, news will come soon.
This would finally straighten out all the Rookie Card rule ********.That kind of intrigues me.
Mike

Members online

Latest posts