Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Some men just know what they want. Congrats, Miggy.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
scotty21690 said:
predatorkj said:
miguelcabrera said:
anyone buying?

Was that you that won it?If so why are you trying to sell it already?
He is selling cards to pay for it...he probably took out a loan.. :lol:

Bad idea.In any case...I hope he makes his quota.Yeah...isn't he only 16 or 17 years old?Boy...that's a lot of bagging groceries and mowing lawns. :lol:

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
predatorkj said:
scotty21690 said:
predatorkj said:
miguelcabrera said:
anyone buying?

Bad idea.In any case...I hope he makes his quota.Yeah...isn't he only 16 or 17 years old?Boy...that's a lot of bagging groceries and mowing lawns. :lol:
Miggys at least 18 I believe.

Great pickup, and not too much imo. You gotta pay big bucks for something like that given all of the other player collectors out there.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
thanks guys, i have made a few deals (first time dealing PC cards) over the past few days, and will make a thread when everything comes in, im pretty happy about my last couple of pickups and I will not be buying anything else until at least september

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
predatorkj said:
scotty21690 said:
predatorkj said:
miguelcabrera said:
anyone buying?

Ye he's a *******. ::facepalm:: I will disagree with everyone saying nice pickup. Stupid purchase, save your money kid. Don't get into a cycle of selling cards to pay for the next big pickup. You will be selling this card down the line to pay for the next must-have card.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
MOFNY said:
predatorkj said:
scotty21690 said:
predatorkj said:
miguelcabrera said:
anyone buying?

Ye he's a *******. ::facepalm:: I will disagree with everyone saying nice pickup. Stupid purchase, save your money kid. Don't get into a cycle of selling cards to pay for the next big pickup. You will be selling this card down the line to pay for the next must-have card.

thanks i guess

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
miguelcabrera said:
MOFNY said:
predatorkj said:
scotty21690 said:
predatorkj said:
[quote="miguelcabrera":2yukze2m]anyone buying?

thanks i guess[/quote:2yukze2m]
That's just how I feel, and my opinion won't change. You are young; there are better outlets for your spending. $500+ must be considered, by you, to be a lot of money. I know it is for me. Hell that's over double the amount for the highest I've paid for a card, and I made over $300 profit on that one.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
MOFNY said:
miguelcabrera said:
MOFNY said:
predatorkj said:
scotty21690 said:
[quote="predatorkj":bz4pn78h][quote="miguelcabrera":bz4pn78h]anyone buying?

thanks i guess[/quote:bz4pn78h]
That's just how I feel, and my opinion won't change. You are young; there are better outlets for your spending. $500+ must be considered, by you, to be a lot of money. I know it is for me. Hell that's over double the amount for the highest I've paid for a card, and I made over $300 profit on that one.[/quote:bz4pn78h]

i sold some cards to get money to pay for this card, although not enough to pay for it all, so a lot of it is from money i already had into cards, including profit on some that i sold

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
That's fair enough, but what's stopping you from selling this one when the next big thing comes along? Just one of the reasons I've stopped collecting.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
MOFNY said:
That's fair enough, but what's stopping you from selling this one when the next big thing comes along? Just one of the reasons I've stopped collecting.

although i see what you mean i sold a card i have 2 of (tt rc auto) and i have no plans to move the other one or the ginter sketch 1/1, if i had only one of the tt i woudnt have sold it and i would have never been able to afford the sketch

this is the first time i have ever traded or dealt a PC card since i started collecting btw, and it was in fact a double

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
Is your collection mainly several big cards? Personally I don't like to go the put all your eggs in one big basket route. I would space the $550 over many cards. Plus with a guy like Cabrera, or anyone past 2000, you will have an endless stream of potential white whale cards. Hopefully you can resist the urge, and don't get into a cycle of PC buying and selling.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
MOFNY said:
Is your collection mainly several big cards? Personally I don't like to go the put all your eggs in one big basket route. I would space the $550 over many cards. Plus with a guy like Cabrera, or anyone past 2000, you will have an endless stream of potential white whale cards. Hopefully you can resist the urge, and don't get into a cycle of PC buying and selling.

nope my collection is trying to get as many cards of his as possible while of course picking up and focusing a lot of my funds on the big ones
i am in the process of organizing my cards and have finished 2000-2005 , with approximatly 300 or so cards
still have to do 2006-2009

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
The guys have a point Miggy. This purchase was a big one and for an 18 year old just like me, a car is more important etc. If this is your gem of your collection though than if you have the money to do it, power to you. At least you are spending your money opposed to doing drugs and alcohol.

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
I guess I should post the stuff I buy with my money, so people can tell me how I'm spending it wrong.

To each his own. Guess it's too much to ask for people to just be happy for someone that's happy.

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
flightposite said:
Runner-up cost him an extra $250 (hopefully it wasn't someone bidding just because miggy was going after it). But I really respect whenever someone just steps up and says, I want this, I don't care what it goes for. Enjoy, miggy.

[ebay:9pvkx8xd]370231304149[/ebay:9pvkx8xd]

!BWnrr1gB2k~$(KGrHgoH-DgEjlLlgJ6SBKYSeytzV!~~_12.jpg

Miguel Cabrera is an all star caliber player and is on his way to possibly one of the best careers ever. There are a lot of Cabrera collectors out there.

Very nice win though, I agree with the OP as this is an awesome piece for a Miggy collection.

True, but that didn't stop multiple board members from bidding up the Finest superfractor on him. It is a very real possibility that someone went after it a bit harder because miggy wanted it.

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
flightposite said:
I guess I should post the stuff I buy with my money, so people can tell me how I'm spending it wrong.

To each his own. Guess it's too much to ask for people to just be happy for someone that's happy.
You aren't 18...won't question you.

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
MOFNY said:
flightposite said:

You aren't 18...won't question you.

And what difference does that make?

People can spend their money on whatever they want.

Do you go stand outside Apple stores and tell people 18 and under not to drop $300+ on iPhones & stuff? Just because he enjoys something not in the mainstream of society, doesn't mean his spending his money on it is wrong.

Members online

No members online now.