Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Some men just know what they want. Congrats, Miggy.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yakacack

Apr 13, 2009
Tampa, FL
predatorkj said:
I gotta say that spending this much money when you are that young isn't that big of a deal.Actually its better.I was just under the influence ole Miggster was still in High School and still slaving away at summer jobs to afford his collection.If that was the case and he didn't have the money then I would have thought he made a bad decision.But if you are 18, still live at home, and have a job...no harm no foul.I just would hate to see him win a prize for his collection and then not be able to pay.That would suck.

Difference of opinion, but I WISH I hadnt spent the stupid money I did on things in high school. Wouldve been much nicer to have that several grand I spent over those years on nonsense because I thought it was ok because I was living under someone elses roof and having my food paid for. I hope to teach my kids that as the ignorance I had with my money as a teen buying car parts and cards and crap wouldve been much more useful elsewhere.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
IndyMann said:
predatorkj said:
Give me a sentence and I could go on and on about it.
My next door neighbors' cat has no balls and her name is Alice. And....GO!

The fact that your next door neighbor has a cat named Alice leads me to believe the cat is female.Which if it is female, means it would have no balls to begin with.I think one of the key things we need to figure out though, is why does your next door neighbor have a cat to begin with?Maybe they are lonely and have no wife or husband?Maybe they just enjoy animals and like the companionship.Maybe they were married and now prefer a companion who is mute.Maybe they couldn't find a human who was mute so they went with an animal.One that doesn't bark.

Now...why was the cats name Alice?Perhaps it was a male and after the ball severing...it became very feminine?Maybe it was female all along and your neighbor just likes the name Alice.Maybe they like the movie Alice in Wonder land.Maybe the cat enjoys going down rabbit holes.Maybe the purchased the cat from someone else who had previously named the animal and they felt it unwise to rename the animal after it had grown accustomed to that name.I do think what you name your pets and children say a lot about you.

What color is the cat?How big or small is it?Is it an outside cat, indoor, or both?Does it get its shots regularly?Is it easily spooked or is it pretty calm and comfortable around people and other animals?Does it have its shots and proper registration?Does the owner brush its teeth and dress it in funny clothes like my wife does with our Chiuaus?Some people act like their pets are their children or human.I guess it is sort of fun for them.My wife spends hundreds of dollars a year on animal products whether they be clothes, seasonal costumes(Christmas, Halloween, Valentine's day, Thanksgiving or whatnot) and different sorts of food and also on other animal care products.Its pretty bizzare.

Does your neighbor talk to their cat?Some people do this so they do not feel alone.My grandmother talks to her cats all the time and will actually answer for them.Its pretty weird.Some people baby their animals way too much.I wonder if your neighbor feeds the cat table food as well.Every now and again my wife will get the dogs a hamburger from McDonalds.The small ones that come with happy meals.They are smart and only eat the meat.They tear the buns off and take the meat patties and will leave the buns sitting there untouched.I wonder if cats do the same.I suppose it would.Maybe a tuna flavored burger perhaps.

Another thing is some people like to do is take their animal to see Santa Claus at the mall.My wife actually does this.Its pretty funny.We have pictures of the dogs every year with Santa.Does your neighbor do the same.Do they dress it in a little reindeer cat suit and take it to the mall to go sit on Santa's lap and take pictures?

Is the cat litter box trained or does it go outside?Supposedly all cats will instinctively go do their business in a litter box but I have known some who will not go in one.I suppose its more of whether they are an outdoor cat or not.If they like the outdoors they most likely do their business outdoors.Nothing like taking a dump right out in the middle of the front yard in broad daylight.I haven't tried it but I hear its all the rage these days.Also I have heard that sometimes a cat that has been spayed or neutered will not use a litter box or people have a hard time training them to do so.I am assuming Alice was neutered?Hows that working out for your neighbor?How often does your neighbor change the litter box?I know my mom and grandmother would change the one for their cats once a week and after about three days it was pretty nasty in there.

Hopefully your neighbor does not have asthma because certain cats can put off certain dandruffs that carry really large doses of allergens.My moms cats bother me a lot and so did a couple of friend's cats.But some of the other cats I have been around do not.I guess it all depends on the cat.Sometimes it can very tough to breathe around them so, like I said, hopefully your neighbor is not asthmatic.Maybe ball-less cats have really bad dander?

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
yakacack said:
predatorkj said:
I gotta say that spending this much money when you are that young isn't that big of a deal.Actually its better.I was just under the influence ole Miggster was still in High School and still slaving away at summer jobs to afford his collection.If that was the case and he didn't have the money then I would have thought he made a bad decision.But if you are 18, still live at home, and have a job...no harm no foul.I just would hate to see him win a prize for his collection and then not be able to pay.That would suck.

Difference of opinion, but I WISH I hadnt spent the stupid money I did on things in high school. Wouldve been much nicer to have that several grand I spent over those years on nonsense because I thought it was ok because I was living under someone elses roof and having my food paid for. I hope to teach my kids that as the ignorance I had with my money as a teen buying car parts and cards and crap wouldve been much more useful elsewhere.

Yeah but the thing is...you spend money when you can.When you move out and get married and all this other stuff it makes it really hard to have any free money.My dad had a saying and I totally believe it now more than ever: There is plenty of time to be broke and pissed off.Enjoy what you have while you have it.

thefasterblade

Aug 8, 2008
predatorkj said:
yakacack said:
predatorkj said:

Difference of opinion, but I WISH I hadnt spent the stupid money I did on things in high school. Would have been much nicer to have that several grand I spent over those years on nonsense because I thought it was ok because I was living under someone elses roof and having my food paid for. I hope to teach my kids that as the ignorance I had with my money as a teen buying car parts and cards and crap wouldve been much more useful elsewhere.

Yeah but the thing is...you spend money when you can.When you move out and get married and all this other stuff it makes it really hard to have any free money.My dad had a saying and I totally believe it now more than ever: There is plenty of time to be broke and pissed off.Enjoy what you have while you have it.

I sort of completely agree with this. I'm not saying be foolish with money, or blow everything you have. Certain times, if you want something bad enough, and have no absolute responsibility to account for, why not indulge in something that you wont be able to justify at later points in life.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
yakacack said:
predatorkj said:

If you never lived. you would've never learned (& then you would probably be blowing your money now, had you not learned what it was like to "regret" wasting your $$ in highschool). :D

thefasterblade

Aug 8, 2008
sportscardtheory said:
This is essentially a well made sketch card. How come those don't sell for these prices? I know it's Perez, but I have seen better painted sketch cards that sell for under $50.

A&G and Miguel Cabrera has some pretty crazy collectors. This isn't Topps Stadium Club. This is a 1/1 in a highly sought after product that can only be found via rip card which happen to also sell for premiums.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
thefasterblade said:
sportscardtheory said:
This is essentially a well made sketch card. How come those don't sell for these prices? I know it's Perez, but I have seen better painted sketch cards that sell for under $50.

A&G and Miguel Cabrera has some pretty crazy collectors. This isn't Topps Stadium Club. This is a 1/1 in a highly sought after product that can only be found via rip card which happen to also sell for premiums.

plus 1

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
thefasterblade said:
predatorkj said:
yakacack said:
predatorkj said:

Difference of opinion, but I WISH I hadnt spent the stupid money I did on things in high school. Would have been much nicer to have that several grand I spent over those years on nonsense because I thought it was ok because I was living under someone elses roof and having my food paid for. I hope to teach my kids that as the ignorance I had with my money as a teen buying car parts and cards and crap wouldve been much more useful elsewhere.

I sort of completely agree with this. I'm not saying be foolish with money, or blow everything you have. Certain times, if you want something bad enough, and have no absolute responsibility to account for, why not indulge in something that you wont be able to justify at later points in life.

Pretty much.I learned the hard way that you shouldn't go crazy though.Now I know.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
I know in other thread has a lot of info on these. I'll post new ones when they come up for sale in that one if if I see them scanning ebay. Not sure what the deal is on the Mauer if that got sold or kept by the person who pulled it.

Members online

Latest posts