Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Hockey talk Thread Part Deux, 2010/11 edition!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GregOdensJock

Oct 31, 2010
Vancouver, WA
G $MONEY$ said:
Trick or Treat?

Some lucky kids will be pulling jersey cards tonight, lol :lol:

dfd9o3.jpg

ABSOLUTELY fantastic. You sir are a class act...and have inspired me to do the same around here...although I think I will have more Seahawk/Mariner fans...but we shall see!

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Cards are going like crazy!! about 4 out of every 5 kids say they want Hockey cards, hahaha, then they get cards and candy, lol.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Also made up some team specific "grab bags" for the kids as well. Mainly just made team bags with Calgary teams. For instance they will get a mixture of Flames and Stampeders (CFL) cards, thats iif the kid says he loves the Flames or Stampeders, as several have already....

riwvhg.jpg

Things are getting weird around here now :? :lol:

qnwxf7.jpg

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
ThoseBackPages said:
G, you are a top notch human being!

hahaha, thanks Eric. Im having fun :lol: A ton of the kids just freak right out when i mention that i have Hockey cards. One kid, about 4 or 5, immediately took it out the bag and ran to his dad yelling "Dad, i just got Hockey cards, even you will like these" :lol:

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
G $MONEY$ said:
ThoseBackPages said:
G, you are a top notch human being!

hahaha, thanks Eric. Im having fun :lol: A ton of the kids just freak right out when i mention that i have Hockey cards. One kid, about 4 or 5, immediately took it out the bag and ran to his dad yelling "Dad, i just got Hockey cards, even you will like these" :lol:

that makes it all worth it, well done

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
ThoseBackPages said:
sadly, the kids around here dont give a shat about cards, they want candy! lol

Lol, im handing out the cards and my GF is handing out the candy. Sadly, some of the really young kids are priced right out of the hobby for the most part. Not like the 80's (for me anyways) when i was a kid and everyone and their dog collected Hockey cards, especially up here in Canada) and you could get wax packs of O-pee-Chee for $0.35. Nowadays, kids also have all these high tech devices to play with and seriously what do you think a kid today wants to do? Play the Wii or fling Hockey cards off the wall (like me and my friends loved to do :lol: )? Collecting has changed from flinging cards off the wall and rubber banding them to keeping them in protective pieces of plastic because they are worth $$$ hundreds.

With all that said though, i will say that im a bit surprised at how many young kids got really excited when i mentioned Hockey Cards. So it must mean that even for very young kids today (like 4-6 year olds), that Card collecting is something that they know about and have showed a positive interest in as well. So that is good news for the future of Hockey card collecting anyways :D

PSquared

May 19, 2010
Courtside
G $MONEY$ said:
Trick or Treat?

Some lucky kids will be pulling jersey cards tonight, lol :lol:

dfd9o3.jpg

Nice job Bilko. If a house had cards like yours when I was trick or treating, i'd be back multiple times.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Its almost 9Pm Mountain time here, so i dont think very many more kids will becoming by. Ended up giving out about 25-30 packs of cards. Not as many kids though as back in the day. Back in the day there would be hundreds of kids out trick or treating. I think parents are more leary now a days and many just go to the mall.

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
We've lived here since 1993 and in that entire time we've had a total of about 10 kids come to our house on Halloween looking for candy. We used to buy bags and bags of candy in anticipation every year and it would all just sit there. So we just stopped caring and no one has bothered us since.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
Daniel Briere received a 3 game suspension for cross-checkin Islanders center Frans Nielsen on Saturday. Briere received a five-minute major for cross-checking and a 10-minute misconduct on the play. the NHL stated that Briere received a stiffer suspension because he is a repeat offender (meaning he has previously been suspended in the last 18 months).

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=339512

[youtube:etxgfli1]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADCqSloHCo8[/youtube:etxgfli1]

Latest posts