Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The QB toss-up of 2012

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UWHusky11

Mar 29, 2012
Seattle, WA
I think this may be one of the biggest years that I can remember with so many "potential" quarterback stars. Obviously the 2 that stand out are Luck and Griffin III, but there are also guys like Matt Flynn for the Hawks, the Peyton Manning question mark, Brandon Weeden and Ryan Tannehill etc. There are also a lot of questions surrounding people like Brock Osweiler behind Peyton Manning and whether he can become their starter if Manning goes down.... or in a few years (John Elway said recently that Osweiler is their QB of the future).

2 teams that come to mind that I think will be stuck in the mud and will probably be worse than last year is SF and the NY Jets. If the Jets think that Tebow can save Sanchez or the team in general, than they are out of their mind. Alex Smith has had plenty of time to prove his worth and although they were winning games last year, he is not a Superbowl caliber QB.

Just wanted to get some feedback on what everyone's thoughts are on the subject as I think it will be an interesting year on this front. As for the 2 standouts, I think Luck will do well. As for Griffin, I think he will either do better than Luck or he will have a horrid rookie season. I don't think there will be an in between for him.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
No mention of Locker over-taking Hasselbeck LOL?

Also, there are ALOT of veteran QBs who's fan-bases are getting edgy about them taking their teams to the "next level".

Vick is in the Last year of his Contract, Cassel could be moved and Rivers and Romo are hearing some whispers about their Playoff failures.

There could be a big turn-over by early next Season around the League...

UWHusky11

Mar 29, 2012
Seattle, WA
No mention of Locker over-taking Hasselbeck LOL?

Also, there are ALOT of veteran QBs who's fan-bases are getting edgy about them taking their teams to the "next level".

Vick is in the Last year of his Contract, Cassel could be moved and Rivers and Romo are hearing some whispers about their Playoff failures.

There could be a big turn-over by early next Season around the League...

HAHA! That's a slap to the wrist on my part! Too many thoughts going through my head at the time and missed a big one! I'm surprised that the Locker/Hasselbeck switch has not gained more traction lately. Locker showed quite a bit of skill last year and I was impressed with his improvement from his college days. In Hasselbeck's defense, he did do fairly decent last year and started the season with a bang. I think it is just a matter of time before the switch takes place but it will probably take an injury or a major decline in order for it to happen this year.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Flynn is in a three way battle in Seattle for the starting job with Tavaris Jackson and rookie Russell Wilson. While it's probably just a motivational tool, there's still a small possibility we could see any one of those guys starting under center week 1, and if one of them fails, it's plausible another will fill in. I was kind of impressed with Jackson last year. He'll never be a star, but he can be the Trent Dilfer type that goes in, puts up average numbers, and coaches can trust to not f*ck anything up so the team can win with a ground game and good defense. However, I don't think Carroll will ever explore that route.

I think Alex Smith is going to tank this season and we'll see Kaepernick break out in San Fran. Alex Smith reminds me of something from the movie "The Replacement" - quicksand. If you've never seen the movie, the quarterback played by Keanu Reeves talks about quicksand, and how when something goes wrong, you get pulled in and find yourself deeper and deeper, like quicksand. If Smith struggles early in the season, look for him to implode.

I see RG3 having a better season than Luck, in spite of having ******* & Son leading the Redskins. He's got about 15 solid running backs to help him with a ground game, proven pass catching vets like Cooley, Davis, and Moss, plus he has Leonard Hankerson, who I think will be breaking out as a top receiver this year. The Skins also have a respectable defense, so RG3 shouldn't have to worry about overcoming a huge deficit every game.

Cam Newton is going to flop this year. There's a whole year of game film out there now, and teams will adapt to shut him down. Steve Smith is another year older, their running backs are as fragile as grandma's good holiday china, and I can't even name the WR2 on the roster because the guys not named Steve Smith are third and fourth string "talent". I use the term "talent" loosely.

If Locker is not starting in week 1, and the Titans aren't on track to make the playoffs by week 8, Locker needs put in. The kid is good, plain and simple.

Who is the backup in Minnesota? He'll be stepping in for Ponder at some point.

Who is the backup in Jacksonville? It will soon be Gabbert when they finally bench him. Man, is he atrocious. He looks like a ****** in a ********** when he drops back to pass, looking around scared and not knowing what to do.

UWHusky11

Mar 29, 2012
Seattle, WA
Flynn is in a three way battle in Seattle for the starting job with Tavaris Jackson and rookie Russell Wilson. While it's probably just a motivational tool, there's still a small possibility we could see any one of those guys starting under center week 1, and if one of them fails, it's plausible another will fill in. I was kind of impressed with Jackson last year. He'll never be a star, but he can be the Trent Dilfer type that goes in, puts up average numbers, and coaches can trust to not f*ck anything up so the team can win with a ground game and good defense. However, I don't think Carroll will ever explore that route.

I think Alex Smith is going to tank this season and we'll see Kaepernick break out in San Fran. Alex Smith reminds me of something from the movie "The Replacement" - quicksand. If you've never seen the movie, the quarterback played by Keanu Reeves talks about quicksand, and how when something goes wrong, you get pulled in and find yourself deeper and deeper, like quicksand. If Smith struggles early in the season, look for him to implode.

I see RG3 having a better season than Luck, in spite of having ******* & Son leading the Redskins. He's got about 15 solid running backs to help him with a ground game, proven pass catching vets like Cooley, Davis, and Moss, plus he has Leonard Hankerson, who I think will be breaking out as a top receiver this year. The Skins also have a respectable defense, so RG3 shouldn't have to worry about overcoming a huge deficit every game.

Cam Newton is going to flop this year. There's a whole year of game film out there now, and teams will adapt to shut him down. Steve Smith is another year older, their running backs are as fragile as grandma's good holiday china, and I can't even name the WR2 on the roster because the guys not named Steve Smith are third and fourth string "talent". I use the term "talent" loosely.

If Locker is not starting in week 1, and the Titans aren't on track to make the playoffs by week 8, Locker needs put in. The kid is good, plain and simple.

Who is the backup in Minnesota? He'll be stepping in for Ponder at some point.

Who is the backup in Jacksonville? It will soon be Gabbert when they finally bench him. Man, is he atrocious. He looks like a ****** in a ********** when he drops back to pass, looking around scared and not knowing what to do.

Cant really disagree with any of these except the hawks and Minnesota. In the hawks case, I would say its about that Flynn has a 95% chance to be the starter. They didnt pay him $10 million to sit on the bench, Jackson has had his chance and has not proven to be a contending QB with his decision making skills and Wilson is a situation like Locker's where he will not jump into the starting gig right away. I think Wilson will be 3rd in line to start the season. I think Ponder will have a good year this year and wont get replaced.

f2tornado

Aug 14, 2008
Grand Forks, ND
Arizona also has QB questions. I'd assume Kolb will start but who knows how long that leash is. The Packers are light at backup should Rodgers get hurt. I think Ponder is good barring another concussion. He got his ass kicked last year. The addition of Khalil should help.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Arizona also has QB questions. I'd assume Kolb will start but who knows how long that leash is. The Packers are light at backup should Rodgers get hurt. I think Ponder is good barring another concussion. He got his ass kicked last year. The addition of Khalil should help.

I read today that Kolb is splitting first team reps with Skelton.

UWHusky11

Mar 29, 2012
Seattle, WA
Yep, AZ is going to be interesting. Kolb better hope that he can become the amazing backup that he was in Philadelphia otherwise it will be Skelton coming in to replace him. I think Fitzgerald is #1 or #2 (Calvin Johnson) in the league for WR but his QB situation has to improve in order for him to begin setting crazy records for the NFL.

Latest posts