Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Thoughts on Zack Wheeler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
Joshua.Roundtree said:
Funny how nobody has mentioned his August 7th gem of an appearance.

1.1IP 1H 1R 1ER 4BB 3K

So when BA notices he's doing well his prices will go up darocker? First off, he has to actually do well. And then did have a Zack Wheeler write up in the Daily Dish today (Monday) talking about *gasp* his lack of control and overall inconsistency.
Jeez did u just get dumped or something :?

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
darocker80 said:
Joshua.Roundtree said:
Funny how nobody has mentioned his August 7th gem of an appearance.

1.1IP 1H 1R 1ER 4BB 3K

So when BA notices he's doing well his prices will go up darocker? First off, he has to actually do well. And then did have a Zack Wheeler write up in the Daily Dish today (Monday) talking about *gasp* his lack of control and overall inconsistency.

Figured everyone on here pimps......

Why not actually put some information out there. You know from those experts at BA.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
Joshua.Roundtree said:
darocker80 said:
[quote="Joshua.Roundtree":1nyx1s6h]Funny how nobody has mentioned his August 7th gem of an appearance.

1.1IP 1H 1R 1ER 4BB 3K

Figured everyone on here pimps......

Why not actually put some information out there. You know from those experts at BA.[/quote:1nyx1s6h]
Really, you think I am pimping out Z. Wheeler. I do not even own a card of him. However I DO know without the experts of BA or anyone else that he still throwing in the mid 90s and that he was drafted 1 year ago. He was on the DL for a bit so he hadn't pitched in a while so give him slack on the inconsistency. He has the stuff, he just needs time to put it together.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
Rejoice Zack Wheeler prospectors...he's going to be starting this weekend and his fastball has been clocked at 94-97 during his stint being a reliever!

soccerman034

Aug 12, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Sickels blurb on Wheeler in his top 20 review:

"4) Zack Wheeler, RHP, Grade B: 4.42 ERA, 45/25 K/BB, 2.59 GO/AO in 37 innings for Low-A Augusta. Needs to get the walks down and stay healthy, but K/IP and grounders are a strong combo."

I do like the 2.59 GO/AO ratio, but the high walks are concerning. Depending on the buy in I could have interest, but there are SO man good pitching prospects out there right now, I don't think Wheeler stands out too much.

Who would you rather invest in? Tim Wheeler or Zack Wheeler?

blazers091

Dec 7, 2008
soccerman034 said:
Sickels blurb on Wheeler in his top 20 review:

"4) Zack Wheeler, RHP, Grade B: 4.42 ERA, 45/25 K/BB, 2.59 GO/AO in 37 innings for Low-A Augusta. Needs to get the walks down and stay healthy, but K/IP and grounders are a strong combo."

I do like the 2.59 GO/AO ratio, but the high walks are concerning. Depending on the buy in I could have interest, but there are SO man good pitching prospects out there right now, I don't think Wheeler stands out too much.

Who would you rather invest in? Tim Wheeler or Zack Wheeler?

neither

t3dudek

Mar 20, 2010
But if he pitches like he did last night ppl will start to take notice

5ip 2Hits 0ER 7K's

Members online

Latest posts