Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage and hall of fame patches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
Wanted a Jackie patch for a very long time. Seems to be as tough as almost any HOF to find, with all the new "patches" coming from a jacket.

$_57.JPG

Doesn't get much better then this! Nice pick up :)

A_Pharis

If that only brings 2-3k?,? Way cool and cheap!

I can't find any images with that style of the Navy uniform, but it comes with a promo board (in the listing) that shows that style. Not a whole lot of documentation, but it looks correct to the era. I would really want to see the inside of the neckline (to see the labeling and written name).

But, yeah. That estimate seems REALLY cheap.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Anyone have any thoughts on the authenticity? When Musial was in the Navy he didn't get his own number of have his name stitched in. Not sure whether the provenance is enough for me to place more than a minimal bid. Would love thoughts.

lf

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
Anyone have any thoughts on the authenticity? When Musial was in the Navy he didn't get his own number of have his name stitched in. Not sure whether the provenance is enough for me to place more than a minimal bid. Would love thoughts.

lf

I really have no idea. Though I'm with you unless I can get more documentation or proof somewhere I would be cautious. 15-20k seems more reasonable. If the jersey is real it is a incredible piece!

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Can you tell in the picture included in the listing? On my phone it looks like those don't have piping but it's not clear...

Indy might be referring to ones like this which are far different from the jersey at auction (I'm trying my best to photo match right now as well and hope to find something soon). The hand inscribed note to Barry in the auction seems to sound like Teddy is referring to the 1943 years stating "it must have been used" then:
williams_pesky_dimaggio_cloudbuster_7_10_43.jpg

682691.jpg

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
The font on "NAVY" should also a concern, the picture from [MENTION=2055]metallicalex777[/MENTION] and others online show the typical boxes at the points of the letter.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
The font on "NAVY" should also a concern, the picture from [MENTION=2055]metallicalex777[/MENTION] and others online show the typical boxes at the points of the letter.

It matches the jersey I posted a picture of above which was Musial's from his personal collection...

Members online

Latest posts