Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What do you make of the rise in price on 2000 TT Miggy Auto?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
Topnotchsy said:
brouthercard said:
It's simple, baseball season has started, and he's doing well.
While it would be nice to simplify everything, how do you explain the fact that last season Pujols' rookie autographs dropped during his MVP season? Also, how do you explain a jump of close to 100% on an established player in about a week? Those things are not simply the result of baseball season starting, and his playing well.

More people are willing to fork out $400 for a players best card than $2000 for a players best card?
Plus Pujols has so many to choose from...miggy does not. People already know Pujols potential and peak, but no so sure with miggy...

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
hofautos said:
Topnotchsy said:
brouthercard said:
It's simple, baseball season has started, and he's doing well.
While it would be nice to simplify everything, how do you explain the fact that last season Pujols' rookie autographs dropped during his MVP season? Also, how do you explain a jump of close to 100% on an established player in about a week? Those things are not simply the result of baseball season starting, and his playing well.

More people are willing to fork out $400 for a players best card than $2000 for a players best card?
Plus Pujols has so many to choose from...miggy does not. People already know Pujols potential and peak, but no so sure with miggy...
I'm not disagreeing with anything that's being said, but I think there has to be more.

Consider this: Pujols's SPx RC Auto peaked at $1200, yet last season it dropped to under $300 while he was winning an MVP. People knew the peak, and it was 4x what the card was getting. Hard to understand...

Other players followed similar trends including David Wright who has just a single RC Auto (Bowman Chrome) and while many believe the best is yet to come with him, they still dropped under $200 after having gone for $600+ in past.

Cabrera is another example. Despite a red hot second half last season, his RC Auto (which peaked at $800) dropped to $250 or so.

Meanwhile this season, Miggy has seen huge gains, and Pujols has seen impressive gains. While an early hot start helps, it just doesn't add up without more explanation.

Watching the way the market was going back 2-4 years ago has also helped me come to this conclusion. When the cards are going up, especially quickly, it's generally the result of the market believing that there is significant investment potential. To see such a widespread change from last year leads me to believe that the prevailing mind set has changed, at least a little.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
Well, in addition to potential gain, there is potential loss...a season ending injury, a slump...

Really it always comes down to "supply vs demand". Like I mentioned previously Pujols has plenty of cards to choose from, and I think people are realizing that. Pujols cards I believe are more stagnant also because buyers are a little tired with sellers holding for "their price", and sellers don't want to lose....so it kind of made for a stagnant market. The fact that Pujols is having a great start forced the buyers to pay up, where if he didn't have such a great start, sellers probably would have given in. I know that I am a buyer for a Pujols Chrome, but am waiting it out for them to come down....they always eventually will. May have to wait for his ending declining years to get my price, but I have waited this long.

For miggy, I don't think there is enough interest in him for him to reach the 800 level even with a phenominal year. If he continues to play well I can see it reaching $600 for ungraded, but don't really expect much more movement, unless he slumps or injures.

At least those are my personal opinions....if I could get a psa 9 pujols chrome for 2K or a BGS 9 miggy for $450, i may bite, otherwise i will wait until off season and try again then.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts