Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

October 2023 - New Arrivals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Griffey.jpgJackson redemption.jpgDavidson.jpgGuy.jpg

I stole these for $10.50 for the pair! 2 Largent rookie issue Fred Meyer photos. These approx 7" x 9" photos were given out at local area Fred Meyer stores. They are not glossy photograph paper, but slick paper like you'd see used on a poster. Damn hard to find, even in the Seattle area. Very under appreciated issue. s-l1600.png

Finally added this set. Mid 70s TCMA set. Similar in size to the 55 Topps Doubleheaders, w/o the fold. I liked the design as a kid and it had a few Dodgers, like Dressen and Mauro. Don't see them all that often, like many of the earlier TCMA sets. s-l1600-1.jpg

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Matsuis continued. Completed his 1993 RC run and 2003 Auto RC run this month. Plus added the Godzilla figure I've always wanted.

1993 Matsui RC run, added the Tomy ID. Have a couple of dupes. BBM, ID, Takara, Kanebo Gold.

PXL_20231020_002719150.PORTRAIT.jpg

2003 Matsui SPx Gold Auto RC Gold #d/25 -- Happy to add the Gold SPx along with the Ultimate Collection Gold /25. Numbered 1/25 as a bonus. Added the SP earlier this month, base version, may upgrade if a parallel becomes available. But content with two golds for now.

PXL_20231020_002537465.jpg

PXL_20231020_002200455.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg

Some colored rookies for good measure. Not sure if I posted the purple tier Finite but was a monster card once upon a time.

PXL_20231020_002821631.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Got a few neat older oddball sets that I have wanted for a while, especially this Missions set. Early mariners minor league set with some so-so names, for a M's fan, at least. 1975 PCL AS. It is a true Broder set, I believe. Tigers convention set. s-l1600.jpgs-l1600-1.pngs-l1600-2.png

Some rando autosGlaus.jpgGurriel Jr.jpgCarlson.jpg
This went super cheap. Nothing amazing, but for $9 + s/h, worth it. s-l1600-3.png

Finally, a trio of FB Another Vikes Manning. The first one had some indentations I was not fond of, possibly from a postal stamping. A Manning 50.jpgRashad.jpgRhett.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
This went super cheap. Nothing amazing, but for $9 + s/h, worth it. View attachment 351291
I didn't pay close attention to who all was in this lot. It started low and I like winning oddball auto lots. I saw Garvey, Steve Carlton, Garry Templeton and that Charlie Grimm card and figured I'd give it a shot. I sure lucked out on this one, as I don't think i bid more than around $30. Unpacking them now, I see that the seller failed to properly identify 2 significant signatures, Emmett Ashford and Gavvy Craveth! Both of these make this lot much more than just a steal! I am fairly confident these are legit and who I believe them to be, based on some quick research. Here are certified copies of both from ebay. Cheapest Cravath I saw was $700 and it looked like it was dropped in the toilet. Ashford was a little easier on the wallet, but still would set you back $115. Not bad for under $10.
s-l1600.jpgs-l1600.png

Craveth was Babe Ruth, before there was a Babe Ruth. Playing in the deadball era, he lead the league in HRs 6 times between 1913-1919. He retired with the hefty sum of 119 HRs in 1920. He died at age 82 in 1963.

Emmett Ashford was the first black umpire in MLB, when he made his debut in the AL in 1966. He was a seasoned ump by that time, but only caught the tail end of his career, as he reached the apparent (at the time) AL retirement age of 55, quickly. He also died relatively young at 65 in 1980. There is a tape stain bleeding through the center of the signature, but still a nice little surprise!

Here are the sigs from my lot:
IMG_1206.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I offered what I felt was a reasonable price for this Parker /10. The BIN was something insane like $150-200. I ended up winning it for around $30. I think my offer have even been more! It is a cool issue and the autos dried up fairly quickly. Parker 10.jpg

Haynes and Hendricks. These are the certified versions. Gotten tricked by these a few times now, so always check the backs first! M Haynes.jpgHendricks.jpg

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
I didn't pay close attention to who all was in this lot. It started low and I like winning oddball auto lots. I saw Garvey, Steve Carlton, Garry Templeton and that Charlie Grimm card and figured I'd give it a shot. I sure lucked out on this one, as I don't think i bid more than around $30. Unpacking them now, I see that the seller failed to properly identify 2 significant signatures, Emmett Ashford and Gavvy Craveth! Both of these make this lot much more than just a steal! I am fairly confident these are legit and who I believe them to be, based on some quick research. Here are certified copies of both from ebay. Cheapest Cravath I saw was $700 and it looked like it was dropped in the toilet. Ashford was a little easier on the wallet, but still would set you back $115. Not bad for under $10.
View attachment 351296View attachment 351297

Craveth was Babe Ruth, before there was a Babe Ruth. Playing in the deadball era, he lead the league in HRs 6 times between 1913-1919. He retired with the hefty sum of 119 HRs in 1920. He died at age 82 in 1963.

Emmett Ashford was the first black umpire in MLB, when he made his debut in the AL in 1966. He was a seasoned ump by that time, but only caught the tail end of his career, as he reached the apparent (at the time) AL retirement age of 55, quickly. He also died relatively young at 65 in 1980. There is a tape stain bleeding through the center of the signature, but still a nice little surprise!

Here are the sigs from my lot:
View attachment 351298

If you need a new home for the Ashford let me know. It'll fit in nicely with my collection of umpire autos.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Guess I forgot to post Saturday. Today and Saturdays mail

Something about a strange uniform that you are not used to seeing a player wear appeals to me. Rolen.jpg

Aparicio.jpgPalmer 9-10.jpgPalmer is another /10, just like the won I got a short time ago.

AJ Cole.jpgRashad.jpgGault.jpgS. Smith.jpgMy normal Raider/Viking adds

Franco. F Harris.jpg

Half of the Dell Flip books set (and my first of these ever). The others are more collected players, so may never get them. Jabbar, Maravich and Erving. Wanted the 6 book set, hoping I could get it for cheaper than singles, but they hardly ever come up as a set.
Flip Books.jpg

Stockton. Not my favorite Old School design, but still OK. Stockton.jpg

CardBoredom

Nov 21, 2021
Virginia
Happy to finally nab a long overdue upgrade of a filler card. The card on the right arrived Friday. The one on the left is not only creased and torn, but was trimmed long before it accumulated some of its wear.
IMG_7623.jpeg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Not a knock on this card…but this is how “logoless” cards should be done!

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app
I would agree, but finding the perfect picture with everything obscured, but still there (no airbrush or digital manipulation) is probably not worth the time. Obviously this isn't a logoless card on purpose, as evidenced by the Mariners logo in the corner.

Something about the obvious lack of team names, hat logos and then the team name even is almost uncollectible anymore, but I can't help but think back to 1978 Topps Football and those logoless helmets that I probably never even thought twice about!

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I think I may even have one already, but I have a hard time resisting the Timeless Teams gold autos. Kaat /5. What a great set this was, loaded with a lot of every day local favorites with the heavy hitter star power sprinkled in. Lots of unique certified autos to find at the time this set came out that Archives & Heritage have complemented. I really wish there was more of this and less a glut of prospects who will never do a thing. Maybe we miss a few early possibilites by giving up autos for players who have never even been assigned to a MLB roster, let alone played a game, but there are SO MANY dud autos out there that don't even sell for a buck that nobody wants or cares about. That number grows every year sadly. Kaat 5.png

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Stand-up seller who apparently listed this as a BIN, when he meant to do an auction. It was actually BIN/OBO, but clearly an offer less than BIN would have resulted in an ended listing and a relist. It's /5s-l1600.png

Have not won any of these for a while, Sporting Life customs.

s-l1600.jpgs-l1600-2.jpgs-l1600-1.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts