Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ran Into a Certified Nutcase on Beckett

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
I made a deal over on beckett with a trader. He has since joined up on this site to further stalk me, using the same ID as on Beckett. I just received a PM from him.

The trade was an Ichiro Bowman Heritage SP variant for about 10 base cards (mostly 2007 Topps baseball) and a Jose Bautista insert. Basically, worthless cards that only have value to the right collector (in this case, myself as an Altoona Curve fan). The Ichiro might get a couple of dollars, but basically not worth much.

I have no proof of if he received the card because I didn't use dc since it was such a cheap deal (he did not either, as it was such a low end deal). Given the type of person he has shown me to be, I wouldn't doubt that my end was received.

Within a span of two days on a weekend, I received three emails from him on a trade we made. I may have missed some communication from him before this because my email with godaddy was disconnected without me realizing it when I switched website hosting. I'll take the blame for not answering promptly.

Brennan, you accepted my trade on Beckett. You have received the
cards I mailed for the trade. They went to your mother because your Beckett
subscription is in her name. You have not communicated with me or sent my
card. Come on dude, send me a note, get on Beckett and message me in the
trade, do something.

I know that you know how to type because you passed your typing test. Tell
me what the progress is in getting me my card.

Brennan, where is my card?? You accepted my trade, you have my cards, I
want my card. Your reputation is worth more than cheating me out of a card.
Get with the program dude. I am giving you every opportunity to settle this
nicely. Don't ignore me, this is not going away until I get my card or the
cards I sent you sent back to me.

I am going to start posting and communicating with your friends and
relatives soon to ask if they can help me. I going to let them know you
took my cards and sent me nothing in return. Respond to my e-mails or get
on Beckett and look at the trade and trade invoice and send me a message
there. Or, send the card soon Brennan.

Hey Brennan, no word from you today and no card from you. Is this your
mother's phone number, ***-***-xxxx?

Should I post on the card boards that you post on, what should I say about
cardmagnet the "merchant"?

If you don't have the card, send me my cards back. Do something.

He sent without delivery confirmation, so he didn't really know that "I already received them". Actually, at the time of reading that email, I had not received them. The subscription I have to beckett is in my mother's name because she got it as a gift for me, and for whatever reason, beckett has her name on in their trade manager even though everything else in the account is in my name.

This ******* looked up my mother's phone number and everything. The "typing test" he is referring to is a post I made on facebook about taking a words per minute test online one night for fun, so this jerk took time to dig me up there and go through all of my posts. I thought I had my facebook on private, but I think it re-set when they switched to timeline.

MY REPLY

My email has been down for about two weeks, as I switched web hosts and it as deactivated without my realizing it. Mailing out the Ichiro slipped my mind because I very rarely visit Beckett. It will be mailed out first thing this morning when the PO opens.

HE SENDS BACK

Still no card Brennan. . . . . . . . . .

MY REPLY

What do you want me to do? I can mail you your stuff back along with a few
dollars to cover your original shipping, see if I have something else you
want in place of the Ichiro, or I'll browse around for another Ichiro copy
to buy and send your way, or you can suggest something.

I would hope you don't think I'm trying to rip you for a hand full of base
cards and an insert. Those cards are barely worth the price of a bubble
mailer and postage.

He then sends:

If you did not like the -censored- cards then why did you trade for them Brennan? You
did not mail the card out after the trade and you did not mail the card out last
week when you said you would. You are the one that accepted the trade remember!!!!
You could have declined the trade. See Brennan, you can accept like you did, or you
can decline. If the card shows up, all is good.

I since responded and let him know I would purchase a new copy of the original card and get it out to him. I found one...for a dollar. I'll have dc on it this time, so I'll have proof it got there. In fact, I was including $3 to reimburse the original shipping charge and bubble mailer. Perhaps I should throw a cease and desist letter in there while I'm at it.

I was nothing but cordial, and didn't even bust his balls about how he was coming off as a stalker, and how I didn't appreciate him digging into my personal life and tracking down family and friends. I also didn't swear, lose my cool, or tell him to seek professional help.

I just needed to vent and get things out there before he starts to funk around here. This guy needs a therapist. I can put up with him playing psycho thriller games with me, but there is a line you just don't cross. I've got enough problems going on in my life with health issues without this guy weighing on my mind and exacerbating them.

All of this for a few junk pieces of cardboard for what was supposed to be a fun project collecting the local AA team almuni. As the kids say, "FML".

Last edited:

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Sorry man, just luck of the Draw sometimes.

Maybe it'd be better if he contacted Clint or Will about this, might be more than he was looking for. :lol:

But he better not bother my girl RR...

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
Well, Brennan, it seems like you picked the wrong guy to deal with, Brennan. You, Brennan, need to send him his Ichiro. Brennan.

That guy is an idiot if he thinks your mom's phone number is ***-***-XXXX. Good luck getting through, dummy - those aren't even numbers!

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
How long did you wait to send him his card? It slipped your mind to send his end of the deal? This guy is insane, but I'm trying to see where you are coming from.

I want to say five days went by from the night I hit confirm on the trade offer, and was first contacted on the sixth day.

I'm admittedly a slow shipper sometimes between having the short term memory span of an ant and ability to go to the PO to drop mail off (I've got a terrible PO, so I deliver in person). I often get up, walk to another room in my house, and forget why I did so by the time I get there. I admittedly need to manage that better.

Well, Brennan, it seems like you picked the wrong guy to deal with, Brennan. You, Brennan, need to send him his Ichiro. Brennan.

That guy is an idiot if he thinks your mom's phone number is ***-***-XXXX. Good luck getting through, dummy - those aren't even numbers!

:lol: Thank you for lightening up my mood from this.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Good luck getting through, dummy - those aren't even numbers!

Hahaha! I literally laughed out loud, wouldn't be so bad except the guy sitting next to me on the shuttle bus seemed genuinely startled and now keeps looking at me through the corner if his eye all creepy-like. I think he might be the same guy who's stalking card magnet

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
apparently no one has ever dealt with me ........................

..................... hehe

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
It's never good to have a deal go sour but it has been said time and time and TIME again, NEVER send without DC. If the deal is not worth the $1 it takes to cover your ass then do not do it. Despite the low end trade here, do you feel the hassle you are now going through would not be worth it?

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX

Exactly what I was reading as he used your name over and over again...

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
It's a good thing you don't mind people knowing your name Brennan... Otherwise that dude would have messed up your whole game Brennan. Did you hear me Brennan? I said Brennan...and that means I am talking to you Brennan. Not that other guy name John...I am talking to Brennan, Brennan. Good Night Brennan...I am going to sleep to dream about renaming my cat Brennan.

sounds like your dealing with a person with lack
of patience. And ALWAYS ALWAYS ship
with signature confirmation.

i know this is extreme also but i use my
iphone video camera to record the whole process
of me putting the cards in the package then zooming
in on the address the video camera is recording
all the way through to me handing the package
to the clerk. Delivery confirmation would have cost you
an extra 1.50 at most.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
I don't trade there anymore but still do hang around over there. It seems like ever since they went to the rule that you have to be 18 to do anything there, more nutcases have come out of the woodwork.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts