Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ch2423

Jan 3, 2011
NE Ohio
Jesusussssssss $175?! Um how about NO (to the seller)

For you, hope you get it! ;)

---
Looking for Albert Belle cards! PM me!

If a Cruz hit comc at $175, I'd really have to think about it. I've never seen one and doubt one would pop up again. It might be worth it.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Cant imagine what you are talking about... You realize that this stuff is backdoored or garbage, or leftover scraps, I am not sure why you'd expect precise cutting. Are you thinking that the guy selling it randomly cut crooked lines? Are you thinking that the seller is picking and choosing how they're cut up?

Not much to smell here...I don't think there's any debate that these are backdoored, garbage, and/or scraps...whether he has 5 of each, 10 of each or 100. I think we are safe to assume he is not currently printing these...

Have you noticed the intricate cuts on these? I am sure someone could do it, but it would be a lengthy process and hardly worth $10-$20 an Illuminator star would go for.

I'm not thinking they aren't legit. And I don't know where they are being cut. But yes, I do think someone is cutting them now as opposed to these being straight pulled out of a dumpster and listed straight on ebay with no alterations made. And like I said, if some of them are cut as gnarly as the ones I have, I'm not even chancing buying more.

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
Anybody know why the 1997 Legacy Row 0 cards are so difficult to find? I have all of the Legacy's for each of the years for Bonds, but cannot seem to find the 1997 Row 0. Is there some history that I am not aware of on these?
1997 Flair Showcase Legacies was one of the very first sets ever serial #ed to 100. Immensely popular at the time, all players in the set were scooped up fast. If I remember correctly, the Row 0 Legacies were the most popular and usually sold for premiums over the other Rows.

snakebit95

Nov 20, 2010
Montgomery, AL
That makes sense. I have seen numerous legacy cards for sale over the years and it has always seemed that the Row 0 cards from 1997 were rarely seen. You are right about the 1997 Row 0 cards being the best looking of all the years. With a print run of 99, you would think they would occasionally show up though.

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
That makes sense. I have seen numerous legacy cards for sale over the years and it has always seemed that the Row 0 cards from 1997 were rarely seen. You are right about the 1997 Row 0 cards being the best looking of all the years. With a print run of 99, you would think they would occasionally show up though.

I actually have multiples of every single Larkin legacy card from the 90's except for the 1997 Row 0, which I still don't have one of. Definitely the toughest of the Legacy cards.

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
Yeah, I hate that Clemens is on the cool side of mine.
i-mRTQsCs-M.jpg

slaneyjason

Feb 19, 2012
does anyone have a low numbered 98' Donruss Prime Numbers reg or die cut? I've never seen any of the low numbered ones and I'm starting to wonder if they exist...Ok I just want to see them and hopefully buy one

ch2423

Jan 3, 2011
NE Ohio
After a long drought on the Cruz front, the flood gates opened the past few weeks! Hit my milestone of 50% completion (821 of 1,616) and nabbed a card I never thought I'd see. We'll save that for last.

Got the last 2 Legacy Collections I needed.

Was really surprised when this hit ebay. I have the Sample version and didn't even know this existed.

Slowly making a dent in my Red Label wantlist.

After looking for this for 15 years, was really glad to get it on COMC for $5. These golds are tough since most everyone looks to the ink color and not the certified autograph logo.

And for the card I never thought I'd see, much less own:

heavy_hitter

Jun 26, 2009
After a long drought on the Cruz front, the flood gates opened the past few weeks! Hit my milestone of 50% completion (821 of 1,616) and nabbed a card I never thought I'd see. We'll save that for last.

Congrats on the pickups. Those 98 Bowman Chrome Golden Anniversary cards are tough to come by.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida

Was really surprised when this hit ebay. I have the Sample version and didn't even know this existed.

After looking for this for 15 years, was really glad to get it on COMC for $5. These golds are tough since most everyone looks to the ink color and not the certified autograph logo.

WOW!

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Great looking Cruz Jr's
here one I just picked up that I like ;)

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Love those Jose Cruz Jr. Gold Labels! The first couple of years of Gold Label are among my favorite set designs.

I still haven't seen a Golden Anniversary Olerud show up anywhere.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 LTE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
I don't know why Rickey didn't have any Gold Label or Flair cards from those years? Not sure if I'm happy or disappointed? He was still playing, so no reason to not include him in the sets.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts