Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is this week the last "stand" for the Phillies?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
And Asche had half those 6 hits. Strange how they can't hit at home in a hitter friendly ballpark. Phillies better start hitting consistently cause it looks like the Nats are starting to put it together. Go Phillies!

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Phillies beat Marlins 7-4 as Byrd hits another home run and Buchanon got the win. Rollins now tied for 2nd in stolen bases in Phillies franchise history. Grady Sizemore signed to minor league contract to possibly help Phillies outfield. Go Phillies!:)

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Huge win for Phillies as Chase Utley gets walk-off home run in the bottom of the 14th inning against the Marlins. Phillies pen pitches 7 shutout innings and they have the best ERA in baseball since June 3rd. Phillies the only team in NL East to win Thurs. night. NL East worst division in baseball, which is another reason I'm not giving up on Phillies.

Huge 4 game series with the Braves this weekend. Floyd out for the season with fractured elbow. Minor not looking good lately. Go Phillies!

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
3 out of 4 vs. ATL would be nice, but again, who believes this recent run is gonna sustain long enough?

That's the biggest question for Philly fans...

Well besides, WTF are the Sixers doing? :lol:

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Yeah, that would be nice. Gotta sweep the double header today, with rookie pitcher pitching 2nd game. Glad to see Revere back at the top of the lineup. Go Phillies!

Sixers...lol

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Phillies get swept at home by Braves in a 4 game series for the 1st time in 50 years.:oops:
Phillies get much needed day off today. Then we go on the road again, so Phillies should start winning again.:)

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Rumors are that Brass is going to meet next week to start deciding on "selling".

RA2 mentioned the All-Star break being a good point for reviewing players...

IndyKMB

Jan 29, 2011
Central HoosierLand
After personally witnessing their sweep in Pittsburgh this past weekend I'd say it is long past salvageable.
Aside from some Byrd longballs it was a lost weekend.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Phillies need to blow it up. The window has closed. They have some decent players, but they are a little past their prime and can't compete with other contending teams.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Freedom Card Board mobile app

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
I don't think Sandberg will get fired but last week killed the Phillies. I don't see them catching the Braves or Nats, and passing 7 teams for the WC would be nearly impossible this late in the season. Cliff Lee is taking forever to get back. Howard and Brown are terrible. Hamels and Utley looked good tonight as the Phillies beat the Brewers 3-2.:p

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Franco heating up, and if it keeps it up, he'd be first man up IF they trade some of the Veterans.

Also, Sizemore and Marquis both doing well in their Minor League games and adding some depth in the Organization...

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
I'd like to see the Phillies bring up Sizemore and start him in left field. Marquis would be no worse than Kendrick. Cliff Lee will be back right after the All-Star game. Phillies looked good tonight as they beat the Brew crew 9-7. Revere, Utley, and even Brown looked good. Bullpen is pitching great. Funny how Phillies play well against good teams on the road. Rollins needs to pick it up.

Members online

Latest posts