Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rangers draft paralyzed college player - interesting read.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
Cool story.

Not only am I a UGA alum, but I played for/attended the same high school as he did too.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Here's my question... is there any money changing hands? At first I thought wow what a great gesture, thinking they were going to give the kid some money to help his family out with medical bills or whatever. Then I got to thinking about it, you have to sign a contract to get any money, simply being drafted doesn't pay anything. Was it just a nice gesture, so the kids could say they were drafted?

I got to thinking about this because at the end of the article I read it told you where you could send donations to help the kid and his family. So either way, the gesture should help the family receive some money. I just got duped at first into thinking the clubs were going to help the families directly, and that was why they were drafting the paralyzed kids. Weird to have it happen twice in one draft, eh?

Latest posts