Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The BEST player who will NEVER be a HOF'er...?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
After sifting through the list, one could put together one hell of a team of non HOF'ers who could be a formidable foe of any team, ever!

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Juan Gonzalez RIPPED HAM STRING NEVER THE SAME AFTER MID 02 SEASON
all time stats
slug-.560 18th
ab per hr-15.11 15th
and the most impressive stat!
RBI PER GAME AVG

1st Gerig 0.92
2nd Ruth 0.88
3rd Gonzalez 0.83

Dice-K Collector

Mar 21, 2010
matfanofold said:
After sifting through the list, one could put together one hell of a team of non HOF'ers who could be a formidable foe of any team, ever!

Including HOFers or just any team, like 1928 Yanks or 1943 Cardinals (Any random year/team)

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
hofautos said:
sheetskout said:
Todd Helton

The stats are almost right there to be on the bubble.

Helton will be a first ballot hofer

Helton shouldn't even get 25% of the vote. He is entirely a Coors Field creation. Noticed how fast his numbers went down when they went to the humidor balls.

Home: .356 .453 .627 awesome numbers
Away: .292 .393 .482 good but not HOFer numbers

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
mwashuc06 said:
hofautos said:
sheetskout said:
Todd Helton

Helton shouldn't even get 25% of the vote. He is entirely a Coors Field creation. Noticed how fast his numbers went down when they went to the humidor balls.

Helton's two highest OPS+ seasons (which takes park factors into account) both occurred after the humidor use began (May 2002). Helton's numbers have declined since he turned 30, but so do most (non-steroid using) players' numbers. Still, I agree with you that his hitting and his legacy is perceived as benefitting from his years in Coors Field, and that will prevent him from being in the HOF. I see him as a Don Mattingly type who had a lot of good years and a few great years, and he will end up staying on the HOF ballot for many years.

I look at it this way: Helton's best year was 2000. His slash numbers were .372/.463/.698 which all led the NL. He had 405 total bases, 103 extra base hits, 42 HRs, and his 216 hits and 147 RBIs led the NL as well. His 59 doubles that year are the most in a single season since Ducky Medwick's 64 in 1936. It was a hell of a season. He finished 5th in MVP voting. If a player can put together a season like that and only finish 5th in the MVP voting, then I think the same perceptions that kept him from winning the MVP will keep him out of the HOF.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
techboy42004 said:
matfanofold said:

Including HOFers or just any team, like 1928 Yanks or 1943 Cardinals (Any random year/team)

Including any team you could possibly make.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
mwashuc06 said:
hofautos said:
sheetskout said:
Todd Helton

thats another thing, HUMIDOR BALLS, why don't they use helium balls in Texas so they are not hitting ROCKS? thats the biggest joke in baseball!

theblacksuit

Aug 15, 2010
Hands down, Jose Canseco! Best player ever! In his prime he had unimaginable speed, bat speed, power, and star power. Great numbers + he recently came back to the minors and was player of the week for the Laredo Broncos hitting like 4 home runs in his mid 40's! Straight blackballed from the game, that was devastating for me because he was my hero! The guy is awesome too, a real good person but other people just dont see it!

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
Jim Edmonds-
A vastly underrated CF'er, his statistics stack up well historically with almost any centerfielder.

manningmurphyfan

Aug 17, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
Fred McGriff

It'd be nice to see him make it in. He definitely had a good career and just missed the 500 homer milestone.

Dale Murphy would be my other choice. Second in homers and RBI's in the 80's but career went downhill quickly due to injuries.

blitzerlover

Aug 9, 2008
Andruw Jones. Guy was a sure fire hall of famer in the 90s, but then he just fell of the face of the planet.

autocut

predatorkj said:
hofautos said:
predatorkj said:
hofautos said:
sheetskout said:
Todd Helton

Not necessarily but I do think he will get in.
I am convinced enough to take any wager.

People are gonna look at where he played and you'll always have the inflated stats of Coors Field problem. I think he gets in...just not necessarily first. As for Bags...he has just as many things in his favor as things that are not. I really am curious to see what the voters do. But even being a huge fan...I don't agree he gets in for sure.

Really doesn't matter where he played as they don't only play home games. Injuries slowed him down, but i think his numbers and ability to stay out of controversy will get him in there.

Members online