Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Unreal cheating in FCB member's $$$ fantasy baseball league

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
I've been checking this thread out since last night - to the OP, I think you have every right to be pissed and personally I'd see at as being cheated and ripped off as well.

At this point I think the silence from the member who ran the league speaks volumes.
The fact he hasn't chimed in yet or has "his side of the story" says to an observer like me - there really is no explanation or excuse he can give because he knew what was going on.

Sorry to those that got screwed over and this thread did do a service since this guy was soliciting for another fantasy league over on the football boards.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
So basically this guy used FCB to promote his league of friends and in the end burnt a FCB member. I call shannagins, I dont belive the guy who wanted his topic on the front page of several forums and wanted beckett to write an article about how he needed a card would do this.

/

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
notjomommasclint said:
JoshHamilton said:
I makes me embarrassed to share a similar screen name as him

i bet there have been times where he has said the same exact thing!

i have a message for the hamilton guy... "dont swindle me bro"

THAS RAYCESS!

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
I have ran fantasy baseball leagues in the past and can say that this is as shady as it gets allowing stuff like that to happen. He knew what was going on and with his inaction promoted it. I would definitely stay away from this member in all capacities as his conduct shows lack of morals and general decency. This scumbag should be blacklisted for screwing over an FCBer.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
jcmint said:
One would think JH32 would drop in on the thread to say some things.

Sadly, he knows there's nothing more to say. It's already been said, including support from two other members in the league who verify everything I posted. They also brought up the shadiness of the playoff picture and yahoo intervening to completely remove me from the playoffs for reasons which I still do not understand (I originally was shown as being in and then some "yahoo glitch" somehow changed things). It's not important at this point, everyone has gotten the message.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
JEA2880 said:
jcmint said:
One would think JH32 would drop in on the thread to say some things.

Sadly, he knows there's nothing more to say. It's already been said, including support from two other members in the league who verify everything I posted. They also brought up the shadiness of the playoff picture and yahoo intervening to completely remove me from the playoffs for reasons which I still do not understand (I originally was shown as being in and then some "yahoo glitch" somehow changed things). It's not important at this point, everyone has gotten the message.
Yahoo had a glitch in every league where they did not account for Sunday's games, therefore throwing off the rankings.

Regardless of the Yahoo statistical error (which has since been corrected), this clown is a mental half-wit who couldn't be trusted to not serious injure himself with cork.

FCBUser

Dec 26, 2011
Hello everyone. I know that this is an old post and I am sorry to bump it. However, it was recently brought to my attention and after reading the comments I decided to tell my side of the story. I am the member who benched all his players at the end of the season.

First off, I would like to point out that I did this completely on my own. Jhamilton had no knowledge of what I did prior to my action and the user that faced me that week was not a friend of mine and I did not speak with him and create a pact to get him into the playoffs as JEA would lead you to believe.

JEA isn't as innocent as he makes himself out to be. From the start he proved himself to be very abrasive and childish himself. In the chat during the fantasy draft he began talking with the few FCB members about cards. As this was not a card trading forum and the other users wanted to be able to speak to each other without FCB members controlling the chat, we told them none of us collected cards and to keep that conversation elsewhere. JEA did not take kindly to this and began to lash out at other users and act like a troll throughout the entire draft. Other members were not happy with his attitude and it devolved into a mess. After that, we went on our way and I put it out of my mind. Later in the season JEA had a trade vetoed (I personally didn't veto it as I thought the trade to be fair). JEA was very upset and instead of handling it like an adult, he posted a lengthy, profanity laced message about how everyone was colluding against him. Which, I can assure you, was not the case. JEA's tirades were more akin to the actions of the middle school child that he want's to attribute to me and other users.

It is also essential I mention that the league in question was ruined month's before the end of the season. It was in fact a user of FCB that decided to stop checking the league only a few weeks into the season. On his bench from April onward were both Jered Weaver AND MVP/CY Young Justin Verlander as well as a few other players I cannot remember at the moment. That team was essentially useless and gave others free wins all season long. This was one of the main reasons I told Jhamilton not to include members of FCB. We did not know them and had no way to contact them if they decided to abandon their team. Needless to say, upon noticing the unattended to team, other users became discouraged and followed suit.

Lastly, we come to the act in question. The benching of my entire team. Why did I do it? I decided to take it upon myself to exact a little revenge against JEA for acting like such a toddler all season long. I had, had enough of him. Was it childish for me to do what I did? Probably. Could I have done something different? Probably. However, I have no remorse for my actions. JEA was a sleazeball and deserved to lose.

As a side note, I did the math at the end of the season and even if I had left all my players in and played by the rules JEA still would not have made the playoffs. This fact does not justify my actions I am just throwing it out there so people know that he wasn't really cheated out of anything. Thank you for your time.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
FCBUser said:
Hello everyone.

JEA isn't as innocent as he makes himself out to be. From the start he proved himself to be very abrasive and childish himself.

This fact does not justify my actions I am just throwing it out there so people know that he wasn't really cheated out of anything. Thank you for your time.

So you didnt cheat but instead your a piece of garbage who calls other people childish yet acts childish yourself. Thanks for clearing this up.

FCBUser

Dec 26, 2011
A_Pharis said:
And it took how many months to sculpt this amazing response?

I don't buy it. Good luck.

Like I said, I only was told about this tonight by JHamilton. He never mentioned it to me before. Mainly because I go away to college and have sporadic contact with him while I am there. You don't have to believe me. I do not care. I only came on to tell my side of the story after seeing this.

FCBUser

Dec 26, 2011
nyc3 said:
So you didnt cheat but instead your a piece of garbage who calls other people childish yet acts childish yourself. Thanks for clearing this up.

At least I can own up to my childish act. I said what I did was childish. JEA decided to leave out all the other facts leading up to what happened. I say again, I do not feel bad for what I did.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
FCBUser said:
At least I can own up to my childish act. I said what I did was childish. JEA decided to leave out all the other facts leading up to what happened. I say again, I do not feel bad for what I did.

And when you are crying next year for members to join dont be surprised if people either tell you clowns to eat it or cheat themselves. I am sure they wont feel bad either.

FCBUser

Dec 26, 2011
nyc3 said:
And when you are crying next year for members to join dont be surprised if people either tell you clowns to eat it or cheat themselves. I am sure they wont feel bad either.

You say that like I am going to go around asking FCB members to join a league. I did not want FCB members in the first place and lobbied against it. I wanted it to be a league for our friends to hang out and discuss baseball so we did not have any issues. Turns out I was right in wanting it that way.

A_Pharis

FCBUser said:
nyc3 said:

You say that like I am going to go around asking FCB members to join a league. I did not want FCB members in the first place and lobbied against it. I wanted it to be a league for our friends to hang out and discuss baseball so we did not have any issues. Turns out I was right in wanting it that way.

Yeah, that way you'd only be screwing your friends instead of people that joined because some guy begged for members.

FCBUser

Dec 26, 2011
A_Pharis said:
FCBUser said:
nyc3 said:

Yeah, that way you'd only be screwing your friends instead of people that joined because some guy begged for members.

Would be no need for me to "screw" over my friends as they did not act the way JEA did. They had trades vetoed too and acted civilly instead of cursing everyone out in the league and accusing them of conspiring against him in some paranoid rampage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts