Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Unreal cheating in FCB member's $$$ fantasy baseball league

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCBUser

Dec 26, 2011
A_Pharis said:
Sure sure. I think it's more likely that you ARE JHamilton...

But, hey - you don't care, right?

I have no way of proving to you that I am not so what's the point in arguing.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
FCBUser said:
Hello everyone. I know that this is an old post and I am sorry to bump it. However, it was recently brought to my attention and after reading the comments I decided to tell my side of the story. I am the member who benched all his players at the end of the season.

First off, I would like to point out that I did this completely on my own. Jhamilton had no knowledge of what I did prior to my action and the user that faced me that week was not a friend of mine and I did not speak with him and create a pact to get him into the playoffs as JEA would lead you to believe.

JEA isn't as innocent as he makes himself out to be. From the start he proved himself to be very abrasive and childish himself. In the chat during the fantasy draft he began talking with the few FCB members about cards. As this was not a card trading forum and the other users wanted to be able to speak to each other without FCB members controlling the chat, we told them none of us collected cards and to keep that conversation elsewhere. JEA did not take kindly to this and began to lash out at other users and act like a troll throughout the entire draft. Other members were not happy with his attitude and it devolved into a mess. After that, we went on our way and I put it out of my mind. Later in the season JEA had a trade vetoed (I personally didn't veto it as I thought the trade to be fair). JEA was very upset and instead of handling it like an adult, he posted a lengthy, profanity laced message about how everyone was colluding against him. Which, I can assure you, was not the case. JEA's tirades were more akin to the actions of the middle school child that he want's to attribute to me and other users.

It is also essential I mention that the league in question was ruined month's before the end of the season. It was in fact a user of FCB that decided to stop checking the league only a few weeks into the season. On his bench from April onward were both Jered Weaver AND MVP/CY Young Justin Verlander as well as a few other players I cannot remember at the moment. That team was essentially useless and gave others free wins all season long. This was one of the main reasons I told Jhamilton not to include members of FCB. We did not know them and had no way to contact them if they decided to abandon their team. Needless to say, upon noticing the unattended to team, other users became discouraged and followed suit.

Lastly, we come to the act in question. The benching of my entire team. Why did I do it? I decided to take it upon myself to exact a little revenge against JEA for acting like such a toddler all season long. I had, had enough of him. Was it childish for me to do what I did? Probably. Could I have done something different? Probably. However, I have no remorse for my actions. JEA was a sleazeball and deserved to lose.

As a side note, I did the math at the end of the season and even if I had left all my players in and played by the rules JEA still would not have made the playoffs. This fact does not justify my actions I am just throwing it out there so people know that he wasn't really cheated out of anything. Thank you for your time.

I was in the league. It was a total ****** move you did at the end of the season. Whether or not it would have mattered, you didn't know that at the time you decided to bench them. So saying it don't matter because the outcome wasn't changed is B.S.

Second, if someone PAYS for a league and decides to leave it sit after a couple weeks and lose their money, that's their prerogative. It's their money to lose. Everyone benefited the whole season equally from it. If it wasn't that it was a money league, I would have dropped out too after finding out what was going on. It's apparent that even if I would have won that I wouldn't have got paid.

The member who recruited people from here duped those of us on this site saying that he needed guys FROM THIS SITE for his league. He didn't say he needed a couple guys to fill out his league of friends. I know I definitely wouldn't have joined a league where 90% of the guys were friends and I was the outsider if money was involved. So he is guilty from the start.

And as far as what you did with benching people, the commissioner should be the person to step in and rectify it. You did it at the end of the season as a personal move to manipulate the league. Like I said, has nothing to do with whether or not it ended up mattering, as you had no idea if it would or not. Your intention was to get the guy to miss the playoffs. And because your buddy was the commish, it was let go.

And how, exactly, is it that "JEA isn't exactly innocent?" He gave all the facts. He did nothing wrong. He called out a guy who duped members here into losing money in a rigged league. Just because he got pissed when he found out what was going on doesn't make him "guilty" of anything. He found out the little scheme and was vocal about it, justifiably.

You're both a couple of grade A **********, hope you bought some nice school supplies for high school next year with the money.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
FCBUser said:
A_Pharis said:
FCBUser said:
nyc3 said:
And when you are crying next year for members to join dont be surprised if people either tell you clowns to eat it or cheat themselves. I am sure they wont feel bad either.

You say that like I am going to go around asking FCB members to join a league. I did not want FCB members in the first place and lobbied against it. I wanted it to be a league for our friends to hang out and discuss baseball so we did not have any issues. Turns out I was right in wanting it that way.

Yeah, that way you'd only be screwing your friends instead of people that joined because some guy begged for members.

Would be no need for me to "screw" over my friends as they did not act the way JEA did. They had trades vetoed too and acted civilly instead of cursing everyone out in the league and accusing them of conspiring against him in some paranoid rampage.

The reason he was pissed was that the FCB members were treated like outsiders from the start. IF YOU CAN'T READ...IT WAS PRESENTED TO US AS AN FCB LEAGUE! So when we went into the draft, he naturally started talking cards. You guys were telling us to shut up the whole time. So quit trying to smooth things over and accuse JEA of being an instigator. He had every right to think there was a conspiracy, and from some of the notes I was getting attached to trade proposals in my emails, I agree there was.

FCBUser

Dec 26, 2011
RZimm11 said:
I was in the league. It was a total ****** move you did at the end of the season. Whether or not it would have mattered, you didn't know that at the time you decided to bench them. So saying it don't matter because the outcome wasn't changed is B.S.

Second, if someone PAYS for a league and decides to leave it sit after a couple weeks and lose their money, that's their prerogative. It's their money to lose. Everyone benefited the whole season equally from it. If it wasn't that it was a money league, I would have dropped out too after finding out what was going on. It's apparent that even if I would have won that I wouldn't have got paid.

The member who recruited people from here duped those of us on this site saying that he needed guys FROM THIS SITE for his league. He didn't say he needed a couple guys to fill out his league of friends. I know I definitely wouldn't have joined a league where 90% of the guys were friends and I was the outsider if money was involved. So he is guilty from the start.

And as far as what you did with benching people, the commissioner should be the person to step in and rectify it. You did it at the end of the season as a personal move to manipulate the league. Like I said, has nothing to do with whether or not it ended up mattering, as you had no idea if it would or not. Your intention was to get the guy to miss the playoffs. And because your buddy was the commish, it was let go.

And how, exactly, is it that "JEA isn't exactly innocent?" He gave all the facts. He did nothing wrong. He called out a guy who duped members here into losing money in a rigged league. Just because he got pissed when he found out what was going on doesn't make him "guilty" of anything. He found out the little scheme and was vocal about it, justifiably.

You're both a couple of grade A **********, hope you bought some nice school supplies for high school next year with the money.

I was only pointing out that at the end of the day he would have lost. I said in my original post that it did not justify my actions. It was side note for people to take how they saw fit.

Saying the one member paid and therefore had the right to leave great players on the bench and not play is total garbage. Better teams were able to gain even more points against that guy and widen the gap from some of the weaker teams. Many other members were discouraged by this man's actions and made the entire league unfair. I know a few people who decided to give up on the league because of this. He did pretty much the same thing as I did (leaving his best players on the bench while keeping his scrubs in) , only he did it all year.

I can't help that you guys felt duped into believing it was a FCB league. I did not set it up and, as I said, I asked for you guys not to be included. So it is not an issue I can speak to.

I have no problem with JEA being angry at what I did. What I was pointing out was that he wasn't the little angel he made it seem. Everyone in the league that I spoke to(a majority) hated him with a passion. We all wanted to give him his money back and boot him from the league, but this was not possible.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
I am still trying to figure out how this was supposed to make anything better. It actually brought it back to light and made it worse. But yeah great plan guys ::facepalm:: :lol:

FCBUser

Dec 26, 2011
RZimm11 said:
The reason he was pissed was that the FCB members were treated like outsiders from the start. IF YOU CAN'T READ...IT WAS PRESENTED TO US AS AN FCB LEAGUE! So when we went into the draft, he naturally started talking cards. You guys were telling us to shut up the whole time. So quit trying to smooth things over and accuse JEA of being an instigator. He had every right to think there was a conspiracy, and from some of the notes I was getting attached to trade proposals in my emails, I agree there was.

You all can remain paranoid if you want. There was no conspiracy. We all got into arguments over trades during the course of the year. There were countless possibly unfair trades that never saw the light of day because all of us discussed it and kept it out of the league. And JHamilton got a ton of flak for putting through a trade that was unfair in everyone's opinion, but there was nothing to do to reverse it. My actions were my own. I did not conspire with other members against anyone.

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
I think this just goes to show that fantasy sports in general were taken way too seriously. I was in my first non-RL friends league (football w/silver and black) and fortunately, everything went fine. I think it just needs to be stated somewhere that if you join a fantasy league formed by anyone on this website that you should probably go into it thinking you're not going to win, furthermore, I would advise people to just not join.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
FCBUser said:
RZimm11 said:

I was only pointing out that at the end of the day he would have lost. I said in my original post that it did not justify my actions. It was side note for people to take how they saw fit.

Saying the one member paid and therefore had the right to leave great players on the bench and not play is total garbage. Better teams were able to gain even more points against that guy and widen the gap from some of the weaker teams. Many other members were discouraged by this man's actions and made the entire league unfair. I know a few people who decided to give up on the league because of this. He did pretty much the same thing as I did (leaving his best players on the bench while keeping his scrubs in) , only he did it all year.

I can't help that you guys felt duped into believing it was a FCB league. I did not set it up and, as I said, I asked for you guys not to be included. So it is not an issue I can speak to.

I have no problem with JEA being angry at what I did. What I was pointing out was that he wasn't the little angel he made it seem. Everyone in the league that I spoke to(a majority) hated him with a passion. We all wanted to give him his money back and boot him from the league, but this was not possible.

I do not agree with abandoning a team, it does ruin a league for everyone. But if someone decides to leave money on the table, there's nothing you can do. But by doing it all year, everyone had an equal advantage when playing his team. He didn't arbitrarily bench his whole team to screw over one specific member.

And if you know that other members gave up because of it, why wasn't the league disbanded? How do we know that they didn't "give up" only when they played certain members?

He had every right to not be an "angel." He was duped out of his money in something he had a fair shot at, just as the rest of us. He was just more vocal about it. Why exactly couldn't his money be returned and removed from the league? After finding out what was happening, I'm sure he would have been fine with it.

And if other people, as you say, gave up on the league because of the other team, then why was it allowed to go on? There were 12 teams in the league. If one stopped playing 6 weeks in, and others gave up, that would leave only 8 or 9, by my count, still playing. And one you wanted to get rid of on top of it. Would have been real easy to give people their money back at that point.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
cgilmo said:
i hope this is a lesson to you guys. dont join a money league with douches you don't know.

Lesson learned.

I actually cut my Football leagues down to 2 leagues of douches I do know this year! :lol:

FCBUser

Dec 26, 2011
RZimm11 said:

I would like to add that I apologize for any hostilities in the draft chat. You guys believed it was a FCB league, the rest of us were under the impression that you guys knew it was not. Both groups were misinformed.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
SydBarrett said:
I think this just goes to show that fantasy sports in general were taken way too seriously. I was in my first non-RL friends league (football w/silver and black) and fortunately, everything went fine. I think it just needs to be stated somewhere that if you join a fantasy league formed by anyone on this website that you should probably go into it thinking you're not going to win, furthermore, I would advise people to just not join.

This isn't nessessarily about fantasy sports. This is about a cash prize that people feel like they were lied to in regards to their chance of winning it.

Sent from my AT100 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

FCBUser

Dec 26, 2011
RZimm11 said:
I do not agree with abandoning a team, it does ruin a league for everyone. But if someone decides to leave money on the table, there's nothing you can do. But by doing it all year, everyone had an equal advantage when playing his team. He didn't arbitrarily bench his whole team to screw over one specific member.

And if you know that other members gave up because of it, why wasn't the league disbanded? How do we know that they didn't "give up" only when they played certain members?

He had every right to not be an "angel." He was duped out of his money in something he had a fair shot at, just as the rest of us. He was just more vocal about it. Why exactly couldn't his money be returned and removed from the league? After finding out what was happening, I'm sure he would have been fine with it.

And if other people, as you say, gave up on the league because of the other team, then why was it allowed to go on? There were 12 teams in the league. If one stopped playing 6 weeks in, and others gave up, that would leave only 8 or 9, by my count, still playing. And one you wanted to get rid of on top of it. Would have been real easy to give people their money back at that point.

I was not commish so I had no control over this. I did suggest it, but it fell on deaf ears. It was out of my hands.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
cgilmo said:
SydBarrett said:

This isn't nessessarily about fantasy sports. This is about a cash prize that people feel like they were lied to in regards to their chance of winning it.

+1

I win/lose fantasy leagues, and money every year. At least, for the most part, I know I have an equal shot as everyone else going in.

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
cgilmo said:
SydBarrett said:

I fully understand that, and I have nothing against fantasy sports, I play in at least two different leagues in every major sport (except hockey) with friends from high school. My post is regarding the fact that you're paying money to a bunch of anonymous people on the Internet. I would just highly suggest that you make sure you know who you are dealing with.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
SydBarrett said:
My post is regarding the fact that you're paying money to a bunch of anonymous people on the Internet. I would just highly suggest that you make sure you know who you are dealing with.

yup especially when they are personal friends who can some how figure out how to cheat someone but not figure out how to refund them. But don't forget they all hated him.

Anyone buying what the salesmen is selling?

FCBUser

Dec 26, 2011
nyc3 said:
SydBarrett said:
My post is regarding the fact that you're paying money to a bunch of anonymous people on the Internet. I would just highly suggest that you make sure you know who you are dealing with.

yup especially when they are personal friends who can some how figure out how to cheat someone but not figure out how to refund them. But don't forget they all hated him.

Again, had no control over money or anything else to do with the league on that level. If it was up to me I would have ended it a couple months into the season. It was not up to me.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
nyc3 said:
SydBarrett said:

Especially since the only FCB member who had a chance at winning anything was the one screwed over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts