Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Unreal cheating in FCB member's $$$ fantasy baseball league

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
FCBUser said:
Again, had no control over money or anything else to do with the league on that level. If it was up to me I would have ended it a couple months into the season. It was not up to me.

Was the comish also a personal friend?

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
SydBarrett wrote:
I think this just goes to show that fantasy sports in general were taken way too seriously. I was in my first non-RL friends league (football w/silver and black) and fortunately, everything went fine. I think it just needs to be stated somewhere that if you join a fantasy league formed by anyone on this website that you should probably go into it thinking you're not going to win, furthermore, I would advise people to just not join.

I find that statement to be wrong. As a matter of fact I take extreme offense to it.
I run multiple fantasy leagues each year for baseball.
Ask around and see if they are legit.

FCBUser

Dec 26, 2011
nyc3 said:
FCBUser said:
Again, had no control over money or anything else to do with the league on that level. If it was up to me I would have ended it a couple months into the season. It was not up to me.

Was the comish also a personal friend?

Yes. If you think that means that he listens to me half the time, then you would be mistaken. I talked to him about it and he didn't want to end the league. Not much else I could do.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
FCBUser said:
nyc3 said:
SydBarrett said:
My post is regarding the fact that you're paying money to a bunch of anonymous people on the Internet. I would just highly suggest that you make sure you know who you are dealing with.

yup especially when they are personal friends who can some how figure out how to cheat someone but not figure out how to refund them. But don't forget they all hated him.

Anyone buying what the salesmen is selling?

Then you were posting here for what reason? To say how much you hated JEA? Evidence of fowl play was shown, and you didn't really do anything but say it didn't happen.

You really don't have anything to gain by posting here because you can't prove anything, and it this point it really dosen't matter.

Sent from my AT100 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
craiger122003 said:
SydBarrett wrote:
I think this just goes to show that fantasy sports in general were taken way too seriously. I was in my first non-RL friends league (football w/silver and black) and fortunately, everything went fine. I think it just needs to be stated somewhere that if you join a fantasy league formed by anyone on this website that you should probably go into it thinking you're not going to win, furthermore, I would advise people to just not join.

I find that statement to be wrong. As a matter of fact I take extreme offense to it.

take offense all you like, as clean as your leagues may be he's still right.

FCBUser

Dec 26, 2011
cgilmo said:
FCBUser said:
nyc3 said:
SydBarrett said:
My post is regarding the fact that you're paying money to a bunch of anonymous people on the Internet. I would just highly suggest that you make sure you know who you are dealing with.

yup especially when they are personal friends who can some how figure out how to cheat someone but not figure out how to refund them. But don't forget they all hated him.

Anyone buying what the salesmen is selling?

Then you were posting here for what reason? To say how much you hated JEA? Evidence of fowl play was shown, and you didn't really do anything but say it didn't happen.

You really don't have anything to gain by posting here because you can't prove anything, and it this point it really dosen't matter.

Heard about the post tonight for the first time. Decided to give my side of the story. Knew I would be met with hostility and most wouldn't believe me. I understand. Every community wants to protect its own.

With that said, I am now done with this topic. I said all I had to say. You can all think of me as the piece of garbage, scumbag, clown, ****** etc. guy, but that's fine with me. The whole situation is closed in my book. Later guys and gals.

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
craiger122003 said:
SydBarrett wrote:

I did not personally say anything negative about you or anything negative about anyone else that runs a fantasy league on this website. I'm positive that there are many that are successfully run year in and year out, as I said in my first post I was one of those people who joined a positive league this year. That said, you would be absolutely ignorant to think that everyone here is 100% legitimate. This is the Internet, welcome to it.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
Could be, I guess if spinned in a different way perhaps.
I stand by my reputation. At the end of the day prizes get paid in my leagues.
Anyways just saying not all people are bad. I said my peace

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
FCBUser said:
Yes. If you think that means that he listens to me half the time, then you would be mistaken. I talked to him about it and he didn't want to end the league. Not much else I could do.

No, I actually think this was planned in advance even more so now.

So you story is everyone hated him, wanted him gone. But no one could muster up the cash to do so while discussing the hatred for this person. Got it. Thanks for stopping in.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
RZimm11 said:
FCBUser said:
Hello everyone. I know that this is an old post and I am sorry to bump it. However, it was recently brought to my attention and after reading the comments I decided to tell my side of the story. I am the member who benched all his players at the end of the season.

First off, I would like to point out that I did this completely on my own. Jhamilton had no knowledge of what I did prior to my action and the user that faced me that week was not a friend of mine and I did not speak with him and create a pact to get him into the playoffs as JEA would lead you to believe.

JEA isn't as innocent as he makes himself out to be. From the start he proved himself to be very abrasive and childish himself. In the chat during the fantasy draft he began talking with the few FCB members about cards. As this was not a card trading forum and the other users wanted to be able to speak to each other without FCB members controlling the chat, we told them none of us collected cards and to keep that conversation elsewhere. JEA did not take kindly to this and began to lash out at other users and act like a troll throughout the entire draft. Other members were not happy with his attitude and it devolved into a mess. After that, we went on our way and I put it out of my mind. Later in the season JEA had a trade vetoed (I personally didn't veto it as I thought the trade to be fair). JEA was very upset and instead of handling it like an adult, he posted a lengthy, profanity laced message about how everyone was colluding against him. Which, I can assure you, was not the case. JEA's tirades were more akin to the actions of the middle school child that he want's to attribute to me and other users.

It is also essential I mention that the league in question was ruined month's before the end of the season. It was in fact a user of FCB that decided to stop checking the league only a few weeks into the season. On his bench from April onward were both Jered Weaver AND MVP/CY Young Justin Verlander as well as a few other players I cannot remember at the moment. That team was essentially useless and gave others free wins all season long. This was one of the main reasons I told Jhamilton not to include members of FCB. We did not know them and had no way to contact them if they decided to abandon their team. Needless to say, upon noticing the unattended to team, other users became discouraged and followed suit.

Lastly, we come to the act in question. The benching of my entire team. Why did I do it? I decided to take it upon myself to exact a little revenge against JEA for acting like such a toddler all season long. I had, had enough of him. Was it childish for me to do what I did? Probably. Could I have done something different? Probably. However, I have no remorse for my actions. JEA was a sleazeball and deserved to lose.

As a side note, I did the math at the end of the season and even if I had left all my players in and played by the rules JEA still would not have made the playoffs. This fact does not justify my actions I am just throwing it out there so people know that he wasn't really cheated out of anything. Thank you for your time.

I was in the league. It was a total ****** move you did at the end of the season. Whether or not it would have mattered, you didn't know that at the time you decided to bench them. So saying it don't matter because the outcome wasn't changed is B.S.

Second, if someone PAYS for a league and decides to leave it sit after a couple weeks and lose their money, that's their prerogative. It's their money to lose. Everyone benefited the whole season equally from it. If it wasn't that it was a money league, I would have dropped out too after finding out what was going on. It's apparent that even if I would have won that I wouldn't have got paid.

The member who recruited people from here duped those of us on this site saying that he needed guys FROM THIS SITE for his league. He didn't say he needed a couple guys to fill out his league of friends. I know I definitely wouldn't have joined a league where 90% of the guys were friends and I was the outsider if money was involved. So he is guilty from the start.

And as far as what you did with benching people, the commissioner should be the person to step in and rectify it. You did it at the end of the season as a personal move to manipulate the league. Like I said, has nothing to do with whether or not it ended up mattering, as you had no idea if it would or not. Your intention was to get the guy to miss the playoffs. And because your buddy was the commish, it was let go.

And how, exactly, is it that "JEA isn't exactly innocent?" He gave all the facts. He did nothing wrong. He called out a guy who duped members here into losing money in a rigged league. Just because he got pissed when he found out what was going on doesn't make him "guilty" of anything. He found out the little scheme and was vocal about it, justifiably.

You're both a couple of grade A **********, hope you bought some nice school supplies for high school next year with the money.

I just came on to check the boards before heading to bed and lo and behold I see this old thread bumped. After reading through everything, I'm glad no one is buying the nonsense being sold by "FCB User".

Zimm's post is entirely accurate and nothing more needs to be said, but I bolded the most important and telling part - the fact that the league was positioned as an FCB league, so naturally I started talking cards in the chat only to be ambushed by the majority of the room telling me things like "cards are gay". At that point, I had my suspicions that the league was going to be an abortion, and they were confirmed when my trade of JAIME GARCIA FOR LUKE SCOTT was vetoed shortly after the draft - a trade made between two of the FCB members that was clearly voted down by the middle schoolers that made up the majority of the league.

My credibility in the card world can't be questioned - I have flawless feedback on FCB as well as well over 2000 feedback on ebay with no negatives. I don't feel the need to defend myself and won't, I just think it's funny that this thread was resurrected.

And oh yeah, AVOID JHAMILTON_32!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts