Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Blacks WTF!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pac213up

Feb 9, 2009
Looks like Ebay may have caught on, at least for this wave of ID's. Hopefully sellers continue to report him if he pops up again.

vanityisakiller

Jul 1, 2011
I tried to bid on a couple of blacks this year for my PC but they went way too high. I have been noticing the Beckett online priceguide is going up on these blacks too. Last year, they were less than $15 for commons on Beckett.com but this year, they are up $15. Maybe that is what he is doing; trying to raise the market values on blacks! Sucks for us who just need one or two too!

uniquebaseballcards said:
bja613 said:
I have sold tons of Topps Blacks on eBay, but as store listings so I haven't encountered this guy. However, he does low ball offers on the ones I have listed on COMC. I just let the offer stay open to hold the funds out of his account because he never counters for more than his initial offer. It definitely sounds like he is trying to set the market.

If this guy were trying to set the market he'd probably use multiple IDs to bid up the action. Looking at the account given in this thread, he's obviously not doing that. I recognize some of his (legitimate) opposition being the second highest bidder, I agree with Boomo in that he's just in his own little world, his actions likely depressing the market if anything.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
I found 2 blacks I might try to list. I don't mind if he doesn't pay I am just curious if he is going to keep going.

twcbjr

Aug 8, 2008
boomo said:
I imagine it is just a serious case of OCD,
just a bit unusual compared to others.

He's not going to just suddenly stop. This was only a bump in his road - one he's probably hit a thousand times over the years. Even if he does reap some sort of benefit from this, the amount of time he spends is nuts. He doesn't just hit them after release - all year long whenever they pop up. OCD sounds good, but his is a pain in the ass of a ton of sellers. (Would that be asses or a collective ass?)

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
will be relisting some blacks soon. i guess he doesnt bid on them if the bidding doesnt start @ 99 cents :lol:

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
Has anyone called the guy on the phone to ask WTF his deal is? It sounds like a few of your guys have dealt with him, and unless eBay changed the policy you can request his phone number easily.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
VizquelCollector said:
Has anyone called the guy on the phone to ask WTF his deal is? It sounds like a few of your guys have dealt with him, and unless eBay changed the policy you can request his phone number easily.
but then they'd have to actually confront someone, not just bitch about them on the internetz... ;)

TwinsWin

Mar 14, 2011
0-4 now on getting a black twice buyer had 0 feedback but the other two had over 1000

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
bigpops65 said:
AND HE IS BACK

this time as 490holliday

Just won another black from me tonight. The same one he won and didn't pay for 2 weeks ago.

People SERIOUSLY need to start calling this dude to discuss. Maybe he works 2nd shift and 2:15 in the morning is the most convenient time to reach him. Or maybe it's 4:00 AM. You'll never know unless you try!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts