Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MrMopar's New Dodgers Autograph Thread (and other interesting items on a slow mailday)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
This was the first Garvey i WON, but 2 others were paid for and received later because this took the scenic route! /5

Garvey 5.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Can't believe nobody else bid on this and I won it for a buck! Ishii /99. s-l1600-3.jpg
Won this from the same seller, but it was a few $ more, still a bargain though. s-l1600-2.jpg

Last one today, I like the design. No longer a Dodger though. Seager /25.s-l1600-1.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Got a TTM auto today, who you might want to send to
Congrats. Monday I presume? I have plenty of his signatures, but thank you for sharing. There are some Dodger executives i have wanted to try for via the Stadium, but have not taken the time yet. I wonder how much mail those guys end up getting. Guys like CEO/President, and even some part owners.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Got a few of these. Not seen all that often, 1960 Spokane Indians Darigold cards. I believe they were attached to a carton of product, thus they are often found a bit beat up. s-l1600.jpgs-l1600-1.jpg

I will share this here, since he did play for the Dodgers briefly. I got wrapped up in being outbid and actually went higher than planned. I do like the large swatches, even though relics have lost their magic for me. Wilhelm.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I do really like the design of these Baller Dodger autos. Available in a special boxed set that was not cheap ($100 if I recall for a 30 some odd card set and 1 guaranteed auto). Main reason i never bought a box, because knowing my luck, i'd have scored this Rios auto and severely overpaid for the entire set. Instead I bought a set for around $30 and have picked up a few cheaper autos and probably still spend less than $100.

The singles have not cooled off where I'd like to see them, but I won one every once in a while. Fail that Betts wasn't included, but I am sure now that this is strictly contractual. Another FAIL in general that players have to be excluded from certain sets due to these ridiculous contracts. Money ruining a good thing once more.

Rios.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Not a fan of the rainbow foil colors of this. Something to be said about just using plain foil. Otherwise, a nice card. /7. Garv Rose Lynn 7.jpg
Seager Heritage. Seager 72 Heritage.jpg

New Dodger Ryan Yarbrough. Yarbrough.jpg

Already had autos of Lance Lynn and Amed Rosario, so good there. My current Dodger wantlist is up to 12 though, the highest it has been in a long time. They keep bringing up prospects with no card autos or scrubs that never would have had autos issued. Most are not even playing with the team at MLB level any longer!

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
These are not as exciting at the applications with images, but I didn't have these and was very excited to add them. Someone else wanted them enough to bid $20, so no steal for me. Garvey Pepsi Dodgers Club s-l960.png

Leaf /35. Will buy these if I can get them cheaper these days. Garvey ITG 35.jpg

The blue /150 version. s-l1600-3.jpg

Eddys Leonard, who I believe was traded, so he won't see a Dodger uni likely ever (unless they pick him back up someday). s-l1600-1.jpg

This has a nearly 1" crease down the center from top next to his head I didn't see in scan, but it went for a buck, so I can live with that. /75 recollections. Rodriguez never actually played for the Dodgers either, although plenty of Dodger cards. He played 4 years, splitting 2 each with Texas and Cleveland. s-l1600-2.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
A couple oversized items (non-autograph)

Sherry.pngMoon.pngFurillo.jpg

Have this already and would not have looked twice, but I really like the early signature of Garvey on it. I don't need another one, but what can I say? I have a sickness...
Gaervey Leaf HOB.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Thank you. Actually I do already have the base refractor (is it numbered?), but didn't bother to show it when I got it. I did get the green and it is coming (66/99). I think there might be 2 different green? I think I saw someone reference green wave. Also not sure if there is a regular card that isn't a refractor finish. picking them up when the price is decent, but have not gone checking to see what was made. That 1/1 that surfaced early is still for sale at a small discount off the $1000+ original asking price. It's probably a $200-300 card for the looniest of Garvey collectors or maybe superfractor collectors, but I think it is maybe $150 at most. I will not own it.

Today brought this Vargas card. I kind of like the new design. I didn't at first, but it has grown on me. That is rare, as I think most of the Topps base designs have been rather boring since the 90s. The year with the Judge/Bellinger trophies are my favorite modern design, with this year coming in 2nd now.

Vargas.jpg

abide

Apr 29, 2021
Thank you. Actually I do already have the base refractor (is it numbered?), but didn't bother to show it when I got it. I did get the green and it is coming (66/99). I think there might be 2 different green? I think I saw someone reference green wave. Also not sure if there is a regular card that isn't a refractor finish. picking them up when the price is decent, but have not gone checking to see what was made. That 1/1 that surfaced early is still for sale at a small discount off the $1000+ original asking price. It's probably a $200-300 card for the looniest of Garvey collectors or maybe superfractor collectors, but I think it is maybe $150 at most. I will not own it.

Today brought this Vargas card. I kind of like the new design. I didn't at first, but it has grown on me. That is rare, as I think most of the Topps base designs have been rather boring since the 90s. The year with the Judge/Bellinger trophies are my favorite modern design, with this year coming in 2nd now.

View attachment 349775

here's the checklist
  • Silver / Base
  • Blue Refractors (serial-numbered to 150 copies)
  • Green Refractors (serial-numbered to 99 copies)
  • Green Wave Refractors (serial-numbered to 99 copies)
  • Gold Refractors (serial-numbered to 50 copies)
  • Gold Wave Refractors (serial-numbered to 50 copies)
  • Gold Mini-Diamond Refractors (serial-numbered to 50 copies; exclusive to Golden Treasure Chest Hot Boxes)
  • Orange Refractors (serial-numbered to 25 copies)
  • Orange Wave Refractors (serial-numbered to 25 copies)
  • Red Refractors (serial-numbered to five)
  • Red Wave Refractors (serial-numbered to five)
  • Superfractors (one-of-one)

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!

View attachment 349775
It's funny, because this is my least favorite design since 2005. The weird headshot at the bottom of each card kills it for me.

But it just goes to show you that everyone likes different things.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
here's the checklist
  • Silver / Base
  • Blue Refractors (serial-numbered to 150 copies)
  • Green Refractors (serial-numbered to 99 copies)
  • Green Wave Refractors (serial-numbered to 99 copies)
  • Gold Refractors (serial-numbered to 50 copies)
  • Gold Wave Refractors (serial-numbered to 50 copies)
  • Gold Mini-Diamond Refractors (serial-numbered to 50 copies; exclusive to Golden Treasure Chest Hot Boxes)
  • Orange Refractors (serial-numbered to 25 copies)
  • Orange Wave Refractors (serial-numbered to 25 copies)
  • Red Refractors (serial-numbered to five)
  • Red Wave Refractors (serial-numbered to five)
  • Superfractors (one-of-one)
Thank you. Looks like I need to determine if some are regular or wave. The Green /99 came today. It is definitely regular. Bought it for 66, another acceptable version for me of a uniform" serial number, since Garvey wore 6. i also go for 60 and when applicable, 600,660, 666, ETC. Garv 66-99.jpg
This was interesting and for $12, I figured the auto value was sufficient as well. Missing the image. Garv BW Cachet.jpg

Couple Taylor archives. Taylor 71 Heritage 84.jpgTaylor T 89.jpg
Guerrero /25. Guerrero 25.jpg
muncy.jpg
Muncy.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I am pretty sure I had the /5. If so, I am mad at myself for winning it, only because it isn't a great looking card. However, I can't cry about extra Schmidt/Bench autographs, so there is that. Garv Schmidt Bench 5.jpg

Will need to go back now and see what each of the cards I won so far were, but this may be my first wave version. /25. Garv 25.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I used to buy a lot of uncertified autos, but the desire to lock in certified cards took over and although I still really enjoy vintage signed cards, fraud is now even more of a concern as it once was. Still, I took a chance on this one. I had one already for the trophy collection, but its a great card and if I could pick it up cheap enough, then dupes are fine by me. Tough card to see the auto on and it's ballpoint, but that fact brings me a little more ease.piazza Trophy.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I am just showing the Dodgers, but ended up winning 15 of these RC Cola sheets. The only one sold that I failed to win was the Orioles, with Murray. That was damn near almost the price of the 15 I got combined. I might have it already, but I haven't seen them in a while so I can't remember. These don't pop up a lot, but they aren't heavily collected it seems either. I have only seen a few Dodger sheets up for sale in 20+ years of ebay scouring, so happy to land another.

Some other keys included Cardinals (Brock), Padres (Winfield/McCovey), Pirates (Parker/Stargell) among others. Would like to complete the set one day, but there are teams I don't recall having ever seen before or its been a long time, like Boston and NYY.

Garvey RC.jpg

Got this too. hooton.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
This could have just as easily been under the monthly pick up thread, but Garvey was included, which is how I found it. I'll take Simmons and Lynn as well.

Permagraphics cards, signed on back where the manufacturer indicated signatures should go, like a credit card. Not as nice to display that way though.

Garv permagraphic.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts