Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

April 2023 - New Arrivals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
The first of five lots from a PSA authentication sub came back today.

For someone who doesn't collect the HoF plaques I sure seem to end up with a lot of them. I think these three take me over the 50 mark. I prefer regular cards since they take up less room but there is something cool about the plaque postcards.
HOF Plaque Carl Hubbell.jpgHOF Plaque Buck Leonard.jpgHOF Plaque Duke Snider.jpg

Pretty sure I already showed this Willie Mosconi auto when I got it but I think it slabbed up nicely.
Willie Mosconi.jpg

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
A few days worth of deliveries:

040423-1.jpg
2023 Topps '88 Silver Pack Chrome Autograph Langeliers 169/249, 2023 Topps Living Set Coco Crisp, 2022 Bowman Inception Ryan Cusick auto, 2022 Topps Update Pink Nick Allen RC 12/50, 2022 Donruss Optic '88 Retro Signature Holo Allen, and a 2023 Topps Black Sam Moll 17/72.

040423-2.jpg
This one took a while to track down for some reason, 2005 Pristine Legends Refractor (college version) Walt Weiss 125/199. Not technically an A's card but it completes my needs for the Refractor set as well as finishes off all of my A's parallel needs (base/Refractor/Gold Refractor) AND completes the rainbow for this card, since I picked up the Superfractor last year.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Big FB (Raiders especially) day...

Always wanted this and now I somehow (Well, I know HOW) ended up with 3 of them! Favre.jpg

Snake. Snake.jpg

Brown. TB.jpg

Hopefully future HOFer. Should have waited on the one I b ought before as I was struggling to find one at a good price, didn't even realize he ended up with Raiders. Witten.png

Another Action Packed Meyer on the cheap. Meyer.jpg

This oddball Carter card wrapped up the day. Carter.jpg

OakAth

Nov 30, 2009
Not a fan of Johan Santana but I am a huge fan of the 2000 Pacific Paramount Product and am chasing all of the parallel sets. I saw this in my browsing and picked it up fairly cheap. Didn't notice the damaged slab until I received it....wasn't mentioned in the listing and while it was in the picture it was not as prevalent as my picture. You got me Probstein.

Johan.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I'll go in reverse order and get the BF out of the way first. Another Raider, Dave Casper. s-l1600.jpg

Interesting patch right about the size of a standard baseball card, but not quite. Maybe a promo, as it appears to be Musial, but has "Player name"on it instead. s-l1600-2.jpg

The last one is the one I am most excited about today. If you know this set, the wall signatures were hard to see. Mostly a very dark background and a dark ink signature. Of course, a decent signature card would be much better, but the scarcity of this card can't be denied. I'm sure Mays didn't sign a ton of them and many were likely redeemed. This is an unredeemed redemption card for a Mays wall signature card. Perhaps one of my better redemption cards now! s-l1600-4.jpgs-l1600-5.jpg

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Yeah those Sweet Sigs Wall autos are not the greatest...most of them have a gray background so it's tough to see the signature. There are some with orange backgrounds that look good...for a signature on a bumpy piece of old wall. I only happen to have gray pieces; I still need to pick up a Tejada and am trying to hold out for an orange one.

01fshowsweetsigwall.jpg 01fshowsweetwallortiz.jpg 01fshowsweetsigwall.jpg

Recent pickups:

040723-1.jpg
Finished up the 3-card 2023 Topps 1988 Silver Pack Chrome Purple/75 team set with Rickey and Langeliers. Also a 1988 Gold Langeliers 04/75 and an Independence Day Dany Jimenez 57/76.

040723-2.jpg
Wide variety of stuff here. 1941 Play Ball Sam Chapman. 1997 Pacific Fireworks Die-Cuts McGwire. 2022 Topps Now Dave Stewart that I overlooked until now. 2021 Topps Chrome Platinum Green/Yellow 70th Refractor Elvis Andrus 19/99. 2020 Select Tri-Color Semien, 3 away from completing that team set. And a 2010 Topps Update Silk Conor Jackson 27/50.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Don't get as many of these now days. There was a time that I was hoping to complete the signed set, minus the huge cards that would cost me a fortune. Have always loved this design, since I was a kid and saw that Jackie Robinson in "The Baseball Card Flipping, Trading and Bubblegum Book". These are probably all dupes other than maybe Swanson. He didn't look familiar. I got butchered in a lot of listings that featured maybe 30-40 signed 56 Topps. Most would have been dupes, but I can't resist trying to add more when i THINK i can find a bargain. Not this time though! I managed to win these 3 and the Dan Petry card as well shown further below.
AS.jpgJT.jpgVT.jpg

DP.jpg

Then a few FB cards. JJ.jpgDB.jpgCF.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Al Oliver today!

View attachment 346757
Condition not great but it was a gift and I'm grateful. Also it's a short print.

View attachment 346758
A vintage Al that I learned of only recently. What is it?

View attachment 346759

Patches checklist/ puzzle of the 1976 NL All Star team!
I know that the 79 Oliver hostess probably wouldn't appeal to you, as he is shown as a Ranger, but that was a toughie for me to track down originally. It was also a SP I believe.

Latest posts