Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

July 2023 - New Arrivals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
A few things in the mail from yesterday

It's always a good day to get a 1/1. I just need the Red /10 now to finish the rainbow. I got the black /299 in too.
2023 Topps Significant Statistics Platinum Front.jpg 2023 Topps Significant Statistics Black Front.jpg

A few Cardinals autos - I particularly like the Kwang-Hyun Kim Hangul style auto.
2022 Stadium Club Brendan Donovan.jpgDiamond King Auto Relic Matt Carpenter.jpg Kwang Hyun-Kim.jpg

Don't know why I keep buying these since I finished putting the set together again but I just can't quit them when they're really cheap.
Phil Rizzuto Blue Ink.jpg

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
I said I was going to stop spending money but I made some mistakes. But two huge must haves off my want list of the last 20 years - a Luis Gonzalez Logoman, and a White Framed X-Fractor.

And figured if I was going to pursue the complete Topps Black team sets, may as well get the big $$$ one out of the way.

2022ToppsHeritageChromeGoldRefractorJakeMcCarthy.jpg2005LeafCertifiedMaterialsMirrorBlackMLBLogoLuisGonzalez.jpg

2008ToppsFinestMomentsFramedWhiteXFractorBrandonWebb.jpg2023Topps01BlackCorbinCarroll.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Wrote this up yesterday, but apparently didn't post it.

This was terrible execution, but it is a certified auto (just shine enough light on it and you'll see it). s-l1600.png

Probably done with new AP autos. Think I only need a couple, but they are spendy. Thankfully I grabbed Bill Russell a long time ago! McGuire.jpg

A bunch of WNBA singles. mOORE WNBA.jpgs-l500-1.jpgs-l500.jpgs-l1600-1.jpgs-l500.png

Another Ray Guy. this is /99. s-l1600.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
This was it for mail today. 1995 UD Roger Clemens. Think I even already had it, but cheap unredeemed redemption cards are always worth the effort. I know I have Jackson. Not sure I have seen redemptions for Mays, Robinson or Mondesi. Not sure if they all had redemptions or not. From a period where you could count on a redemption to be fulfilled! s-l1600.jpg

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
071323-1.jpg
Some neat autographs. The Mulder is 04/20.

071323-2.jpg
Stuff from the last 5 years. The Blackburn auto is 15/25.

071323-3.jpg
The 1998 Leaf Rookies and Stars True Blue Velandia completes the team set finally...amazingly Rickey was not the last card I needed. Eck completes 2005 Classic Clippings First Edition/150 and Swisher gets me one away from 2005 Prestige Xtra Bases Red/150. Still have several left for 2005 Zenith Artist's Proofs. Rickey is 0476/1000. The Reggie card is out of 2010 Topps Update, a Blue Back, and was very tough to track down. Of course once I bought it I saw another one within a couple of days.

071323-4.jpg
Nothing special about this card, 2022 Select Rollie Fingers...except according to TCDB it's my 50,000th unique Philadelphia/KC/Oakland A's card. Most of the 50,000 are also "nothing special" but add them all up and not many people have that many cards of their team. I'm trying to be more selective about what I go after from more recent years, so let's hope I never reach 100,000.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
This saga finally comes to an end. I let a seller string me along for a month. They claimed medical issues from the beginning and I tried to be apathetic to their plight, whatever that was (if it was even real). They couldn't find the item, yet it was for sale. that one gets me the most. Why are people selling something they don't have in their hand right now?

Anyway, finally got sick of waiting and opened a claim. The oddly went silent after that point and ebay gave me my money back. Found a different seller and had it in hard within a week. This rings true of the comment I had about ebay sellers sliding of late. I am definitely having more issues than ever before with sellers not sending items won, packaging poorly, overcharging for shipping, etc. Eventually I will reach that point....where I am done. Not there yet, but it's coming faster and faster. View attachment 348776

View attachment 348777

One of the rare "tribute" cards out there for an active player who died while cards were still being issued. The Topps version lacks the black year banner that signifies the lifespan. For those unfamiliar, Lindbergh died in a car wreck while he was still an active player. Stupidity (likely speed and excessive alcohol) that could have been avoided, ended a promising career and life.View attachment 348778
The US counterpart finally arrived. Bought them around the same time. This copy lacks the memorial dates of birth and death. Pelle Topps.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Sorry BB peeps, but I am just not finding stuff that isn't Dodger related as much these days.

Couple of HOF legends on my teams.

Hendricks.jpgs-l1600.jpg

I remember chasing these special inserts back in the 90s, the commemoratives and similar, usually 1 card in a set, maybe 2...often specially numbered like T1, SP2 or NNO. I got a three pack for super cheap, so why not. Hardaway SPX Tribute. Signed and unsigned versions. Jordan was the other card in the "set". penny tribute x3.jpg

OakAth

Nov 30, 2009
Bought a collection of 150 lineup cards and found a few really cool ones. Biggest highlight is Orel Hershiser's Major League debut.
Back when I lived in the Bay Area, Tony LaRussa had a charity auction and auctioned off lineup cards. I got this one with Griffey, ARod rookie, Randy Johnson on the mound. On the A's side McGwire and Giambi rookie....Rickey Henderson on the bench.

lineup.jpg

Last edited:

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Back when I lived in the Bay Area, Tony LaRussa had a charity auction and auctioned off lineup cards. I got this one with Griffey, ARod rookie, Randy Johnson on the mound. On the A's side McGwire and Giambi rookie....Rickey Henderson on the bench.

View attachment 349005
That is fantastic! Great game. Johnson's 1st Cy Young season and dominant start.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Carew /10. Carew 10.jpg. Reyes. s-l500.png

Petrocelli /5. Petro 5.jpg

Carter USFL. A Carter.png

Hi-C poster. You just don't see these enough. Love this kind of thing. I believe they were labels on those large sized steel cans that you had to punch holes in to consume. The good old days. Had a Sayers that I had had forever, but rarely do new subjects come up at decent prices. there is a Mel Renfro in really nice shape on ebay now, but they were asking close to $500 for it. Not sure anyone out there is going to pay anywhere near that, but who knows? Cox Hi C.jpgCox Hi C Back.png

OakAth

Nov 30, 2009
In Vegas next to most ATM's they have pamphlets entitled "When the Fun Stops"....a card collecting equivalent is needed, this is getting too expensive. 2023 Topps Finest is out so OCD says I need to start collecting the Pink Purple Vapor Refractors /3 (please reference my 2021 obsession for this set). Anyways, the first two have arrived.

2023.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Got some nice 78 Topps FB autos, but too lazy to pull the scans. Randy White, Dave Casper to name a couple. First exposure to FB cards and a special set, despite it being one of the worst for rookie cards.

Hammon was the last "best of" WNBA auto I was tracking down. now i am looking for lower tier/future stars, but not with the same vigor as the first round of sigs. Hammon.jpg

Members online