Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

September 2023 - New Arrivals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmc855

Jan 11, 2013
RI
Cool find. That 1998 Legacy has at least 5 non-official variations by my count. I don't know what's so hard to produce about that card, but Fleer just couldn't quite figure it out in the moment.
No idea. Be interesting if the 90s kids over at the EC youtube channel got that woman from Fleer back on to specifically explain this. Meaning, how were they made, who were the subcontractors making the cards, what was the process. What about the alleged thefts in 1998/99, do they relate to all these cards we see years later? What does she know about which employees backdoored their own "severance package" after or before/during bankruptcy etc.

Last edited:

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
I let the cards pile up too high.

092223-1.jpg
'90s goodness. 1999 Skybox Premium Star Rubies Eric Chavez 04/50 is the big one...I only need two more to finish off that team set if you don't count the image variation Chavez/15. I've always like the tiered 1999 UD inserts so I was happy to find the Forte Triple 070/100 Ben Grieve buried in a big lot. 1998 Pinnacle Artist's Proofs and 1997 Studio Gold Press Proofs Cansecos finish off those tiny team sets. And the 1998 Revolution Giambi is the Shadow Series, 60/99.

092223-2.jpg
Almost finished with the 1939-1941 Play Ball A's run now, just one 1941 to go.

092223-3.jpg
Team set completers: 2004 Bowman Chrome (and Draft) Gold Refractors/50, 2004 Donruss Classics Timeless Tributes Red/100, 2004 Timeless Treasures Bronze/100, 2016 Bowman Chrome Blue Refractors/150 (including all Draft, Prospects, autos, etc.), and 2005 Topps 1st Edition.

092223-4.jpg
Some tough '00s refractors, the big ticket obviously being a 2007 Bowman Chrome Gold Refractor Mike Piazza 17/50. Not the best centering but I'll take it.

092223-5.jpg
Some more '00s stuff, including a sweet triple patch Johan Santana/Mark Mulder/Barry Zito 10/33.

092223-6.jpg
Some more recent stuff. Barreto gets my 2017 Topps Black needs down to 2: the Matt Olson and Matt Chapman RCs. Oof.

092223-7.jpg
Lastly, Trent Dilfer is in another set. There are also /5 and 1/1 parallels I haven't seen pop up yet. Hey only 4 versions of the same card, that's tiny nowadays. You can watch Trent as the head coach of University of Alabama-Birmingham maybe get beat by Georgia tomorrow. Juuuuust maaaaaybe.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Just returned from vacation, so a hefty pile of mailers...

I am finding that I can't really score very many cheap Archives this go around. This was a rare exception. s-l1600-31.jpg
Love the 61s! s-l1600-26.jpg
Omar. s-l1600-11.jpg
Not sure what is up with this one, but I like the set and it was surprisingly cheap. Maybe the sticker is wrong? s-l1600-19.jpg

This was a nice pick up at $1.99 added to an existing shipment! Publications International oddball set from 1990. s-l1600-12.jpg

Now that I know what these are, I was happy to find the Raider s-l1600-29.jpg

Fun, cheap GU item from 90ss-l1600-3.png

/25 versions-l1600-14.jpg
\s-l1600-13.jpgs-l1600-20.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Adrian Hernandez's nickname was El Duquecito. It looks like he signed all his Donruss/Playoff stickers that way.
Thanks. I noticed that when I put it away and was expecting to see someone call me out, like when I bought that Jimenez auto that was the wrong guy! I REALLY need to start paying much closer attention!!! I need to go back and re-read the description. If Orlando Hernandez was mentioned, I may try to return it.

What do you think? I think I have fair grounds for a return on a quick glance bid, even though I should have known better.
Screen Shot 2023-09-25 at 6.51.33 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-09-25 at 6.51.52 PM.png

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Deivi Garcia /25, only because I have been collecting as many of the Archive /25 as I can get at decent prices. Can't say i have even heard of this guy though. D Gaercia 25.jpg
Gorman Thomas TT /5. Same deal as Archives, I'll buy any TT /5 that I think is a nice price. These tend to be much more though. s-l1600.jpg

Dillon Jumbo 8x10 Leaf Au. He went to UW, so I followed him, as I was still actively buying FB cards for a few years after his debut. Dillon .jpg

Franco Harris Auto. This one is a little beat up, something I didn't notice when I bid. Lucky it went fairly cheap. Fanatics holder. had not seen that before, but I also don't really deal in sealed cards much.F Harris Au.jpg

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
2023 Topps Pristine Pink Pristine Refractor Ryan Helsely /15 - This one gets me down to just the Black Pristine 1/1 for the rainbow
2023 Topps Pristine Pink Pristine Refractor Front.jpg

Picked up three Bagwells today too that aren't crazy rare but aren't common either. The Fleer Tradition is the Glossy parallel /100 and the E-XCeptional Red is /1999. The Diamond Edition seems to show up even less than the others but it isn't numbered.

1998 Pinnacle Inside Diamond Edition.jpg1998 Fleer Tradition Vintage '63.jpg2000 E-X E-Xceptional Red.jpg

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Thanks. I noticed that when I put it away and was expecting to see someone call me out, like when I bought that Jimenez auto that was the wrong guy! I REALLY need to start paying much closer attention!!! I need to go back and re-read the description. If Orlando Hernandez was mentioned, I may try to return it.

What do you think? I think I have fair grounds for a return on a quick glance bid, even though I should have known better.
View attachment 350614View attachment 350615

I think a return for that is legit, there was no reason to include Orlando in that auction title and it creates the impression that it is an Orlando Hernandez card. Plus the seller straight out says it's Orlando in the item specifics. They either thought Orlando and Adrian were the same person or they are trying to put one over on somebody. I don't know if I'd bother over $7.50 unless I was really annoyed by it. I'd put the over/under at 3 messages from you to make it clear to the seller that Orlando and Adrian are different people, based on my past interactions with sellers who do stuff that actually makes me initiate a return.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Dierker /25. Dierker 25.jpg

Bartkowski. Bartkowski.jpg

I like the set, not necessarily the subject. In fact, I may have already had this. I'll have to check. I would not normally double up on a card like this. S Miller.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008

You said it yourself = " I should have known better"

Your that hard up over the spent $7.50 and looking for outs ?
Provide me your paypal.
I'll Paypal you the $7.50 so the seller doesn't have to tolerate your excuse of a return

I don't want to sound off on you @mrmopar - but I'm gonna = I'm in that type of mood tonite

Your a squid veteran if I remember right ?? Took the Oath of Enlistment ? Forget what it said or meant ?
Let me clarify - besides defending the Consitution, there was this repeated mantra of " I take RESPONSIBILITY for my own actions " - savvy ??

Own it. Mistakes made. Move on. Corrective action is to pay better attention next time and read the auction descriptions. MAYBE find someone else who will appreciate the item and try to trade it off or gift it.

Geesh Louise- for $7.50 we waste TIME and MONEY screwing around worrying about returns?
Time is money- don't waste either screwing around with mistakes we make.

Like I said- I will personally paypal you the $7.50 if your that damn butt hurt over making another " not read the auction" mistake

jmc855

Jan 11, 2013
RI
Looks like I picked up a Fleer bankruptcy/replacement Ted Williams GU. Not numbered, but clearly set up to be numbered if needed.

Attachments

• 20230927_081131.jpg
    20230927_081131.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 20230927_081149.jpg
    20230927_081149.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 5
  • 20230927_081146.jpg
    20230927_081146.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 5

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Big pickup out of the blue yesterday. I've been organizing SGC subs and selling cards at shows for friends the last couple years. I took part of a sub to a buddy yesterday and went to lunch. He gave me this as thanks for the subs and sales. It certainly wasn't asked for but it sure is appreciated.

Joe DiMaggio.jpg

Today's mail:
2013 Topps Pristine Orange Refractor /25 - Just need the Red /5 and the Super now.
2023 Topps Pristine Orange Refractor Front.jpg

2023 Topps Series 1 Full Set Blue Stars Border parallel (Print Run of 299)
2023 Topps Blue Stars Front.jpg

1993 Marvel Masterpieces She Hulk Promo
She Hulk Promo.jpgShe Hulk Promo Back.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
A well timed purchase. Brooks /10. Brooks 10.png

Tip Top Tiny. Really wanted the Billy Cox and a few other one time Dodger players the same seller offered, but was paddled severely in all cases but this one. tip Top Tiny.png

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010

You said it yourself = " I should have known better"

Your that hard up over the spent $7.50 and looking for outs ?
Provide me your paypal.
I'll Paypal you the $7.50 so the seller doesn't have to tolerate your excuse of a return

I don't want to sound off on you @mrmopar - but I'm gonna = I'm in that type of mood tonite

Your a squid veteran if I remember right ?? Took the Oath of Enlistment ? Forget what it said or meant ?
Let me clarify - besides defending the Consitution, there was this repeated mantra of " I take RESPONSIBILITY for my own actions " - savvy ??

Own it. Mistakes made. Move on. Corrective action is to pay better attention next time and read the auction descriptions. MAYBE find someone else who will appreciate the item and try to trade it off or gift it.

Geesh Louise- for $7.50 we waste TIME and MONEY screwing around worrying about returns?
Time is money- don't waste either screwing around with mistakes we make.

Like I said- I will personally paypal you the $7.50 if your that damn butt hurt over making another " not read the auction" mistake
I admitted it was my bad for not looking closer (and it wasn't the first time by any means - time is money and I scroll by listings quickly to get through as many as I can in my limited time) , but I don't absolve the seller either, for not doing their own research to list the card properly or purposely misleading buyers. As with anything I buy, since it's mostly low $ stuff, it's the principle. Hell, just last week or so I accidentally bought a Bunt digital card. Thankfully it was only a buck. I accepted my mistake, because the seller did NOTHING wrong. That was all me. This deal was not ALL me though.

I did message the seller pointing out the incorrect identification and my request for a return and they are handling it poorly by ignoring me completely. I might have let it slide if they replied with something, but ignoring the issue isn't the right way to handle it. In the end, I believe I would win a "not as described" case AND the seller has to pay for me to ship it back. At least i offered to ship it back at my cost and we each only lose a stamp in the deal.

Pay it forward to someone else if my comment is butt hurting YOU enough to want to pay me for the card. I don't need the money, nor was I asking for it.

Members online

Latest posts